2023 Draft Thread

Shame on LaPorta I liked him. But if true hopefully GB stays clear on both.
Maybe, maybe not but just keep it in mind. I’m thrilled to have Watson despite the medical flag, but be prepared for stuff to come out about these guys after they’re drafted.

1. Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR, Ohio State
2. Darnell Washington TE, Georgia
2. Antonio Johnson S, Texas A&M
3. B.J Ojulari Edge, LSU
4. Wayna Morris OT, Oklahoma
5. Mike Morris DL, Michigan
6. Dee Winters LB, TCU
7. Derius Davis WR, TCU
7. Isaiah Bolden CB, Jackson St.
7. Chad Ryland K, Rutgers
7. Tyson Bagent QB, Shepherd

Tom Pelissero saying he's heard most teams have 20 or less prospects on their boards who have a 1st round grade on them.

Tom Pelissero saying he's heard most teams have 20 or less prospects on their boards who have a 1st round grade on them.

Not surprising. It's a pretty flat group from 10-50. There aren't many players projected in the back half of Rd1 that I'd be shocked if they fell to the top-half of Rd2.

If the Packers stay at Pick 13 it will be the 1st time since the Packers selected Gale Gillingham at 13 in 1966.

Well, they stood pat at #13. Don't love Van Ness, but don't hate him either. When you look at the various boards and mocks out there, this was generally the range he was predicted to go in. Now it's on to day 2.

There are still 4 high quality TE's out there and all have their pluses and minuses. Hell, there are 6 if you count Tucker Kraft and Luke Schoonmaker, both of whom I like almost as much as the others. They'll take one on Day 2.

There are also still some quality WRs. Hyatt and Mingo in Rd2 and Rice and Perry in Rd3 mostly fit the size and athleticism the Packers look for, other than Hyatt being a little on the light side. I sure as hell hope they get one of them.

Will be interesting does Mayer warrant a trade up to make sure you get him or are the other TE on the board not big of drop off you can sit to get one?

WR you maybe have Mingo or Hyatt worth taking seems after that WR drops off a cliff and you have a lot of project WR that really not be any better then Toure right now and likely would not help at all year one.

Safety Brian Branch is still on the board.

GB is going to have to nail their 2 picks here as it seems after they pick at 45 there will be a talent drop off after that and will now be looking at guys you will likely not expect much year one.

Round 2 guys to target

1. Mayer
2. Branch
3. Mingo
4. Porter Jr.
5. Hyatt
6. LaPorta
7. Musgrave
8. Washington
9. Dawand Jones
10. Josh Downs
11. Tucker Kraft
12. Antoino Johnson

Get 2 of those guys and I will be ok with round 2.

Well, they stood pat at #13. Don't love Van Ness, but don't hate him either. When you look at the various boards and mocks out there, this was generally the range he was predicted to go in. Now it's on to day 2.

There are still 4 high quality TE's out there and all have their pluses and minuses. Hell, there are 6 if you count Tucker Kraft and Luke Schoonmaker, both of whom I like almost as much as the others. They'll take one on Day 2.

There are also still some quality WRs. Hyatt and Mingo in Rd2 and Rice and Perry in Rd3 mostly fit the size and athleticism the Packers look for, other than Hyatt being a little on the light side. I sure as hell hope they get one of them.
If they come out of today with two pass catchers and maybe a S or OL, I will feel better about round one. Please note, I do not count Darnell Washington as a pass catcher.

Back