4/100's of a Second

Exactly. And maybe I’m wrong here but I can see draft trades where teams stockpile picks for 2022 due to so much uncertainty. Next year you have the normal senior class + the Covid seniors + early entires. That should double this years class. Teams will have more film , more evaluation times and more medical info to assist the process. Unless you are dead certain he’s your guy moving around to get picks might be a smart idea especially if you have multiple holes to fill
This is the year when a good scouting dept will earn their paychecks. GB's scouting squad well we all know they have not been top notch for a while.

This is the year when a good scouting dept will earn their paychecks. GB's scouting squad well we all know they have not been top notch for a while.
That’s kinda my point. To me they need to figure out value vs moving down and get picks. It’s not just player evaluation but also board strategy and roster management

That’s kinda my point. To me they need to figure out value vs moving down and get picks. It’s not just player evaluation but also board strategy and roster management
There's also opportunity there. Some of these guys with limited snaps could be prime breakout candidates for next year if they had stayed. Someone in the 2nd or 3rd this year could be a much higher next year, so the opportunity is there not just for mistakes but for major value picks.

There's also opportunity there. Some of these guys with limited snaps could be prime breakout candidates for next year if they had stayed. Someone in the 2nd or 3rd this year could be a much higher next year, so the opportunity is there not just for mistakes but for major value picks.
That’s true, it’s puts risk / reward front and center.

Will be interesting to see 3 years from now who was overdrafted and who teams missed out on as this year draft is a crapshoot.

Back