Aaron Rodgers, the Packers and the long succession: ‘Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on’

I feel bad for Rodgers. He's no different than anyone else, no matter what your walk of life, who suddenly finds themselves in a position where everything you've done since you were a little kid, is now coming to an end, before you want it to, because of an injury, or illness. It's not fair for it to happen, and I wish my best for Rodgers, and his future, whether it's in trying to make a comeback from this devastating injury, or in his new pursuits. He deserves that, like every other human being.

Rodgers was never my favorite person, but I enjoyed the way he played QB for the Packers for all these years. There was always something about his personality that told me he thought of himself a little too highly, and being a little too much better than anyone else, including his own family. These are not traits I admire in a person. A humble, honest, and priority driven person gets a lot more of my respect than anyone like him. That includes the every day people who are in police work, firefighters, emergency rescue workers in ambulances, etc. It also includes soldiers, airmen, and seamen (and women of course), that protect our shores. Also, those in jobs that are underpaid, yet do so much, for so many, and those who spend their lives working to make the lives of others better, through their charitable work.

But, above all. Nobody should feel any joy over what happened to Aaron. It was not Karma. It was an injury that may well have destroyed a man's life, because it stole from him the one thing that made him happy. The ability to play the game that he started out playing when he was a child.

No matter what. I'll always cheer for Aaron Rodgers. Now is the time to be his fan, more than ever, in hopes he can regain his life, and move on a better person.

Just my opinion. There's too damned much hatred in the world today. I can't, and won't be part of it.
you'll never see me cheering for a player getting injured. or making juvenile jokes at their expense. ever. i'm with you 100%, tw.

Even if Rodgers comes back he could be be less mobile then he was before which means he's Peyton Manning back there now. If the Jets can't improve that OL he will be out hurt again by week 4 or 5.

Not sure why people are making big deal of GB no longer getting 1st round pick from the Jets. Had Rodgers played all year the Jets likely make the playoffs and go to at least the division round if not even deeper. So that pick is 25-32. Now that pick could be 33-42 so maybe 5-15 spot difference. GB is still going to get a good player with that pick.

He hasn't started rehab yet, wait........
No doubt it's going to be a long haul rehabbing, and that doesn't include getting into shape to play football, if that's what he chooses. At 39, that's a tall choice. We won't know until he determines what the game means to him, and if he can handle the road to being competitive again. Then there's the issue as to whether or not his body will even allow him to try to get back on the field. Sometimes it tells you it's all over, and you have no option but submit.

Not sure why people are making big deal of GB no longer getting 1st round pick from the Jets. Had Rodgers played all year the Jets likely make the playoffs and go to at least the division round if not even deeper. So that pick is 25-32. Now that pick could be 33-42 so maybe 5-15 spot difference. GB is still going to get a good player with that pick.
Very true.... adding another 2nd is actually a very good thing. We seem to do well in that round of the draft.

No doubt it's going to be a long haul rehabbing, and that doesn't include getting into shape to play football, if that's what he chooses. At 39, that's a tall choice. We won't know until he determines what the game means to him, and if he can handle the road to being competitive again. Then there's the issue as to whether or not his body will even allow him to try to get back on the field. Sometimes it tells you it's all over, and you have no option but submit.
Correct, this is 100% a wait-and-see deal. He hasn't even had surgery yet.

This is a guy who before he suffered a serious injury questioned if he wanted to return. Bring on a serious injury he could say I have money and a HOF career do I want to push it?

Personally I think he will just because he does not want his career to end that way going out 4 plays into game 1. Big question is how well he will play if he returns.

Very true.... adding another 2nd is actually a very good thing. We seem to do well in that round of the draft.
well that is true. gute likes to use those first round picks to draft development projects, but many of his second round picks actually play in games.

Back