All Big Ten battle for 2018 PG Tai Strickland

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
One of the top remaining point guard targets in the country is getting closer to making a decision on his collegiate future. That future will be in the Big Ten no matter the decision, as 2018 point guard Tai Strickland announced his top three schools on Twitter on Tuesday. Thank you to all the coaches who have recruited me.. but I will be moving on with these 3 schools for now on! @HoopMajor...

Source

Continue reading...

I hope he chooses the Badgers. I think we need him to be honest. I realize everyone says we have a solid point guard coming back from injury (Trice), but I'm not as impressed with him as I probably should be. I think Strickland would be an extremely good addition. He is super quick for his size, and can sky for the ball.

Have to agree TW. Trice is just OK. He has some ability but hasn't really stood out. You always want to improve. And even if Strickland isn't that much better, it's always good to be deep at guard. With Strickland they'll have two pure point guards, two pure shooting guards (King & Pritzl) and two combo guards (Davison and Anderson). If everyone is healthy and ready to contribute I could definitely see some 3 guard line-ups next year.

Now all they have to do is find a graduate transfer forward to take Van Vliet's spot. The guy I'm hoping for is Mike Daum. It's probably a long-shot, but the Badgers do have a connection - Joe Krabbenhoft coached Daum at South Dakota State for a couple of years. His game would be a nice match for what UW needs. The kid can flat out shoot the ball. Double on Happ next year if you have guys like Daum, Davison, King, Pritzl and Trice around him and you are going to give up a lot of 3-pointers.

Have to agree TW. Trice is just OK. He has some ability but hasn't really stood out. You always want to improve. And even if Strickland isn't that much better, it's always good to be deep at guard. With Strickland they'll have two pure point guards, two pure shooting guards (King & Pritzl) and two combo guards (Davison and Anderson). If everyone is healthy and ready to contribute I could definitely see some 3 guard line-ups next year.

Now all they have to do is find a graduate transfer forward to take Van Vliet's spot. The guy I'm hoping for is Mike Daum. It's probably a long-shot, but the Badgers do have a connection - Joe Krabbenhoft coached Daum at South Dakota State for a couple of years. His game would be a nice match for what UW needs. The kid can flat out shoot the ball. Double on Happ next year if you have guys like Daum, Davison, King, Pritzl and Trice around him and you are going to give up a lot of 3-pointers.

Just did some digging on Daum. This kid would be an amazing fit for the Badgers. He'd be able to make Happ a better player by taking the heat off. With size, and shooting skills that are uncanny, you can't beat what he could contribute to the Badgers.

Great idea on him 57packer. He'd make the Badgers a real powerhouse.

If I was Daum, I'd prefer Wisconsin over the other offers to be honest, because the Badgers would allow him the rangy shots outside the 3 point line, and he's one of the best. One year in Madison and he could end up being a top 20 NBA pick.

Reactions: TW
Back