AR'S Good Bye posted

A complicated end in GB for the ultimate complicated fella. An all time Packer, an all time great. Appreciated but not beloved. Always something missing, always some distance between himself and the fans and the town. Never fully gave himself over to them, and vice versa. But the magical plays were something else, and he always gave them a chance.

He will return to GB one more time to get his number retired and go into the Packers HOF. Besides that I don't think we will see Rodgers back in GB again much besides maybe a rare alumni game apperance. WI was never his kind of lifestyle. While he liked the fans he was never going to b a guy to come back to GB on a regular basis after he was done there.

A complicated end in GB for the ultimate complicated fella. An all time Packer, an all time great. Appreciated but not beloved. Always something missing, always some distance between himself and the fans and the town. Never fully gave himself over to them, and vice versa. But the magical plays were something else, and he always gave them a chance.
That chip on his shoulder drove him to be one of the best ever . . . but it also drove him into constantly trying to do more than he should and to make the big play, every play. A complicated man for sure.

The four-time MVP quarterback asked midway through his introductory press conference about the Packers assertion Rodgers essentially ghosted them this spring. His explanation was a meandering explanation of technology in 2023.

“People who know me, I’m fortunate to live in a beautiful house," he said. "The only downside is I have very limited cell service. So if you want to get ahold of me, I need to see your face. You need to FaceTime me. So the only response to the communication thing is, there’s records on your phone about who called you when, FaceTime. There wasn’t any specific FaceTimes from those numbers that I was looking at.”

I deleted a long bitch fest. I completely disagree with the opinions of Rodgers as a person.

But, I ask you this as Rodgers was getting booted out the door by the Packers, what exactly was he supposed to talk to them about? "Hey this is great, Gute your missing on your kicks of my ass like you miss on draft picks?"

I deleted a long bitch fest. I completely disagree with the opinions of Rodgers as a person.

But, I ask you this as Rodgers was getting booted out the door by the Packers, what exactly was he supposed to talk to them about? "Hey this is great, Gute your missing on your kicks of my ass like you miss on draft picks?"
I think GB wanted to know were Rodgers stood from retire or playing. He ignored the team until they made the choice that they did not care they moved on.

You're making the assumption it all went down in that regard as Aaron said...GB kept tight-lipped. Frankly, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. At the end of the day it's all a moot point..he's no longer our issue.

Back