Badgers basketball land Davis twins

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
After missing out on the Hauser brothers late last month, the Wisconsin Badgers added a different pair of siblings on Saturday night. Following an offer to the brother of 4-star shooting guard Johnny Davis and an appearance at a team camp this weekend, the Davis brothers announced their pledge to the Badgers according to Badger247. It took less than a week after head coach Greg Gard gave the O.K.

Source

Continue reading...

Great catch for the Badgers. Now, one last player on the shopping list and we're looking at an extremely solid class of recruits. If they do get Jalen Johnson added to this list, they could move up into the top 5 nationally for the year. That would be a great gain for Gard and his program on paper. If it works out on the court, the future could be very bright.

It's a solid day for Gard and UW. Johnny Davis is a solid college prospect and even Jordan Davis, the unranked brother is seemingly regarded at a solid defender so might add some value eventually.

I think Jalen Johnson is not very likely at this point, but we can hope. At this point I'd be pretty thrilled if they could get Ben Carlson, a solid 4-star power forward. After that, Johnson would be icing on the cake but that cake will pretty darn good without him at this point.

They only have 1 spot left in the class and that’s being held for Johnson and as mentioned it’s no better than 40% he goes to UW. Another 4 star kid for Gard and Bowman is looking like he may have been under ranked.

Actually Pack, I think they have 2 left.

They had 12 guys on scholarship last year at the start of the school year - one was open and they did not find a grad transfer. They lost Illikainen just before the season but added Potter just after the season started still leaving them at 12.

Happ, Iverson, Thomas, Currie and Strickland have left the program since the end of the season, leaving them at only 7 scholarship players. They will add Wahl and Hedstrom (who was not on scholarship last year) this summer. That takes them up to 9 - Pritzl, Trice, Davison, King, Ford, Reuvers, Potter, Wahl and Hedstrom for 2019-20.

Pritzl will graduate next May, leaving them with only 8. That would mean they have 5 openings for 2020-21 unless I am missing someone. They have commits from Bowman and the two Davis brothers so still have 2 spots available, I believe.

You maybe correct. Everything I have read says 1 but your count seems correct

Back