Badgers Basketball Preview: Marquette edition

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
It’s been a busy and competitive past few weeks for the No. 12 Wisconsin Badgers. Things won’t get any less competitive on Saturday afternoon as I-94 rival Marquette awaits. This series has been crazy over the last decade, with six of the last eight games won by the team on the road. It’s the first matchup in Marquette’s new home at the Fiserv Forum, so will the trend...

Source

Continue reading...

It'll be a fun game to watch. I've watched every UW game that's been televised and a couple of Marquette games. Marquette has moments where they look really good and other moments where you wonder how they will finish in the top half of the Big East. If Markus Howard can get into the lane, it could be a tough day for UW. He's a handful when he gets into the lane because he's good at drawing fouls. Then you probably have to back off him a little and give him the 3 and he's tough from there. Marquette goes as Howard goes. UW is more balanced and tougher defensively so they should win a close game, but this will likely be a game that goes down to the wire.

It'll be a fun game to watch. I've watched every UW game that's been televised and a couple of Marquette games. Marquette has moments where they look really good and other moments where you wonder how they will finish in the top half of the Big East. If Markus Howard can get into the lane, it could be a tough day for UW. He's a handful when he gets into the lane because he's good at drawing fouls. Then you probably have to back off him a little and give him the 3 and he's tough from there. Marquette goes as Howard goes. UW is more balanced and tougher defensively so they should win a close game, but this will likely be a game that goes down to the wire.
100% agree. My fear is Davidson getting into foul trouble guarding Howard.

And they are not the Golden Eagles. Will always be the Warriors to me

I missed the darned game but I saw the box score, and there were a few things that bothered me. We can't shoot free throws. Less than 50% at the line, as a team. Our guards were 4-17. What's happened with Davison? He won't shoot the ball. What has Gard said to him that stops him from putting it up? Obviously something is out there, and I've noticed some of it in his demeanor on the floor. We live and die on threes, and when we're off, almost everyone is off.

A learning game for the Badgers. It could make them stronger down the road, if they correct their problems. I worry about the Davison situation. This kid has some skills out there but seems to be out of it on offense, and I'd like to know why.

Back