Badgers beat Colgate

TW

Reaction score
Typical Wisconsin win. Davis gets 25, shooting well from the field in 2nd half. Tyler Wahl stepped up. He could have made more shots, but he made his presence known around the bucket, and it kept Colgate honest underneath.

Davison was really pressured the entire game. Colgate pretty much owned him. The moment he got his hands on the ball he was swarmed.

I really like the discipline the Badgers show by holding their arms straight up, and not initiating contact when contesting shots. Colgate was begging to get fouls called by jumping into defenders, and the whistles stayed silent. Offense should not be rewarded for initiating contact then having it blamed on the defense.

Might not seem like much but Carlson gave 11 outstanding minutes last night. 3 offensive rebounds and 2 put backs in a key stretch in the 1st half. Hepburn 5 assists 0 turnovers

The defense they played in the last 12-15 minutes were the best I have seen in months. Give Colgate credit, some of those shot were Stef Curry like

Might not seem like much but Carlson gave 11 outstanding minutes last night. 3 offensive rebounds and 2 put backs in a key stretch in the 1st half. Hepburn 5 assists 0 turnovers

The defense they played in the last 12-15 minutes were the best I have seen in months. Give Colgate credit, some of those shot were Stef Curry like
Colgate was no patsy.
They were at The Dance for a reason

Reactions: TW
Colgate was no patsy.
They were at The Dance for a reason
The first half gave me flashbacks of playing Davidson a few year ago when Curry went off against us in the tournament.

Win is a win not a pretty win but does make you wonder how far this team goes.

Win is a win not a pretty win but does make you wonder how far this team goes.
Colgate is really well coached and hit some impossible 3’s. Not going to overreact to this game at all.

Badgers just seem to be struggling last few games
Colgate is really well coached and hit some impossible 3’s. Not going to overreact to this game at all.

Badgers just seem to be struggling last few games
They win by 15 if Colgate does not him 5 of first 6 from 3 in second half. Hell one shot was from 35 feet and 2 were contested.

Colgate just ran out of gas. As soon as the Badgers adjusted at the three point line, Colgate couldn’t figure out how to score.

the badgers managed to eke out a win against the toothpaste in round 1. now they have a clear path to the final four.

Back