Badgers blow past Riverhawks in final non-conference contest

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin Badgers looked like they were sleepwalking through what should’ve been an easy non-conference win over Chicago State a few days ago. A repeat was not on the cards on Saturday afternoon in the Kohl Center though, as the Badgers blew out visiting UMass-Lowell 82-53. With the win, the Badgers improved to 8-7 on the season (1-1 in Big Ten play) and ended non-conference play on a...

Source

Continue reading...

I saw so much promise in the Badgers in this game. Players stepped up, and played at a much higher level, and the intensity was there for most of the game. I did see some floor combinations though that made me shudder. Guys stood around, and waited for someone else to "do it." Fortunately, Iverson decided to be a force, and made some good plays to keep us from being too flat. He has so darned much potential. I just wish it would all come out, and he'd be the guy that other teams would fear.

Pritzl can play basketball. He needs to get consistent. Imagine how darned good Davison is, and then think of how good he'd be if he wasn't a one-armed player? Happ needs a little help on the boards. That's where Iverson and some of the other bigs, who haven't done a lot, need to step up. If we want to come back, and make another NCAA trip, these guys need to dominate the #3 & #4 players on other teams, and that's not happening.

I am seriously wondering if Trice will ever be more than the replacement for Davison when he needs to rest?

Here's the dilemma surrounding Trice. A 2 guard offense would have to be Trice & Davison. You lose Pritzl's outside shooting, and Iverson's ability to crash the boards from outside. They end up #3 & #4. Next year, with Kobe King back, what happens with Davison & Pritzl? King is going to be pretty good. If there's one thing, we have some solid guards. We are going to be playing a 3 guard offense more than people think, with two aircraft carriers in Happ, and whomever else steps up and can do the job.

Now we need to see how they handle the early games against a tough Big 10 schedule. Let's see how much this team has already grown.

I hinted at it in the other thread, but Trice might have to accept a reduced role. I think Davison is the starting point going forward with Trice as the option off the bench. Luckily, both Trice and Davison are able to shoot the ball so I could see the two of them and Pritzl in a rotation at the guard spots with McGrory and Schlundt seeing reduced roles.

Back