Badgers claw their way to win over NC State

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The No. 22 Wisconsin Badgers fought and fought, but they saved their best fight for the final minute, taking their largest lead of the game with 23.6 seconds to play en route to a 79-75 victory in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. After trailing for more than 31 minutes of the game, the Badgers found a way to win down the stretch thanks to a balanced offense. UW erased a 12-point deficit with just over a...

Source

Continue reading...

NC State is fast. They move the ball quickly, and they have quick hands on defense. They have a tendency to drive the lane a little recklessly. They're very streak prone. They aren't an ACC favorite to win it this year, and shouldn't be. They don't have the mid range game, or the aircraft carriers in the center to force teams out of their comfort zone on offense or defense.

As for Wisconsin, Ford showed he's recovering, Trice is rounding out his game, Davison is catching those charges as good as anyone I've seen, and Happ's game inside 5 ft. and on defense is solid. He just can't make free throws. I liked seeing Anderson starting to get into the flow of the game, and saw Reuvers forcing people to change shots and miss. His stats might not be great, but his game is getting better on the defensive end. Lacking on defense? Not everyone seems to have gotten the message that you block out on the defensive boards. Strickland could be a very good guard.

This team is improving in my view. How good? Not a real contender, and not close to being the Big 10 winner, or finalist. Probably difficult making the top 4. I'd say middle of the pack, with a chance of moving up a little bit, but not into the elite group. Until Happ starts making free throws, and others start to move better off the ball, I can't jump on any bandwagons.

Still, they look a heck of a lot better now then they did when this season started.

Really like this team. King has the most upside of anyone on the group. He reminds me a bit of Devin Harris, not as good to the hoop but a better shooter. Reuvers is a bit like Kaminaky at the same stage. The league maybe the strongest in the country from top to bottom. I got Wisconsin @ 5th but it’s a real big margin of error

Back