Badgers grab sole possession of 1st place

TW

Reaction score
It wasn't pretty, but the Badgers were the only ranked team to go into Piscataway this year and beat Rutgers on their home court. If they can beat Purdue on Tuesday, and Nebraska next weekend, they will have won the Big 10 regular season championship, which I don't think too many people honestly would have said could happen. It's impressive to say the least.

Stars? The entire starting five. They played some tenacious defense throughout the game, not giving an inch to Rutgers, which plays amazing ball at home.

Lots of good stories from that Purdue win last night. Davis hung tough even with the Purdue defense focusing on holding him down. Hepburn was outstanding and he looks anything but a freshman right now. Wahl was simply unstoppable especially in terms of energy. He simply would not quit - 100% effort all the time.

This is maybe the most satisfying and surprising Big-10 title since the one they won back in Bo Ryan's first year. That too was a team that was completely overlooked and picked to finish in the back-end of the league.

A couple of things last night stood out to me
  • How the hell Wahl could post up Edey and score was incredible to watch. His footwork and court awareness is amazing
  • Davison just deferred to Hepburn on the last possession. As mentioned he’s not a freshman
  • Vogt just gives solid minutes, not spectacular but has a low post presence and toughness
Other than the FF team that beat Kentucky this is the most enjoyable season I have watched and maybe because of the expectations more enjoyable. That should lock up a 2 seed and play the first 2 rounds in Milwaukee and Chicago for the regional

Lots of good stories from that Purdue win last night. Davis hung tough even with the Purdue defense focusing on holding him down. Hepburn was outstanding and he looks anything but a freshman right now. Wahl was simply unstoppable especially in terms of energy. He simply would not quit - 100% effort all the time.

This is maybe the most satisfying and surprising Big-10 title since the one they won back in Bo Ryan's first year. That too was a team that was completely overlooked and picked to finish in the back-end of the league.
I have a close friend who’s a PU grad , and all 3 of his kids too.
Needless to say, I gloated a bit on the season sweep.
He’s not happy

I have a close friend who’s a PU grad , and all 3 of his kids too.
Needless to say, I gloated a bit on the season sweep.
He’s not happy
Same here and he actually played at Purdue for Coach Keady. Gloating begins at Friday Happy Hour

Last edited:
I think these kids understand the real meaning of "next man up." Watching Wahl and Hepburn take them on their shoulders for parts of the game was amazing. Purdue put a lot of effort into making sure that Davis and Davison weren't going to burn them. In the process, Wahl stepped up big time, and in my opinion, plays well above his height. He's damned good! Chuckie is the point guard I'd hoped to see last year, and didn't. We had zip! He's going to shine down the road.

How far they go in the tourney, I don't know. I don't even know if they'll win the Big 10 tournament. But I do know this is one helluva good team, and they work together as good as any Badger team that I've seen for a long time. They're especially cohesive on defense, and when it comes to crunch time, they're there with the goods. That's why they've won so many close games this year.

Back