Badgers vs Michigan lead up

At some point the I am the crazy football coach will wear out it's welcome just like he did in the NFL.

This is going to be a tough game.

Both teams will be hot to make a statement. Chryst needs this so he's not always the Cal Naughton to Harbaugh's Ricky Bobby.

And, Chryst needs Coan to play great to prove he made the right choice

That's already been proven.

I hope you are right. I don't think we proved anything against USF or CMU. Fun wins, yes. But proof that Coan is the guy and not just a guy with more experience? No, not proved.

I hope you are right. I don't think we proved anything against USF or CMU. Fun wins, yes. But proof that Coan is the guy and not just a guy with more experience? No, not proved.
45 of 59 76.3% 564 yds. 5 TD 0 INT 184.5 Rating Yeah he’s proved it.

45 of 59 76.3% 564 yds. 5 TD 0 INT 184.5 Rating Yeah he’s proved it.

just because he had great numbers against a couple of high school teams? seriously, how do we know that one of the other two would not have done even better?

just because he had great numbers against a couple of high school teams? seriously, how do we know that one of the other two would not have done even better?

So do you guys not trust Chryst? Coan is so much better than Hornibrook ever was. He has stats that look better than Wilson in his first 3 games at Wisconsin. Yes he has to continue it throughout the season but so far he has proven it was the right decision. We know the other guys wouldn't have been better because the coach has Coan as the starter and not the other two.

I trust the staff. The Chosen One AKA Mertz was from all reports inconsistent in spring and fall camp and had to worry more about Wolf passing him on the depth chart than catching Coan.

Mertz played in a very low level class in high, small schools. Not saying he does not have the tools to be great but it’s a big learning curve both learning the system and level of competition

I think Chryst plays experience.

Admittedly, I have not been able to watch much of the games - interesting and challenging opportunities are getting in the way of my football.

I hope to hell I am wrong. But, Bucky cannot have another 7 completion day against MI.

Other programs see the potential and unleash it. Mertz was supposed to be the number 1 pocket passing / pro offense quarterback- he was MVP of the All Star High School game. He's watching other guys get their shots, we'll be lucky if he doesn't transfer.

If Coan isn't what you guys say, MI crushes us. And, we're Holuday Bowl bound. Which is ok, I won't have to travel

Back