Best College Player You Ever Watched

outside of the badgers, i don't watch much college football. so take this with a grain of salt: russell wilson, jonathan taylor, joe thomas, jj watt, ron dayne.
As to Dayne he #3 on the Badger list behind Taylor and Gordon, thats RB's

Last edited:
outside of the badgers, i don't watch much college football. so take this with a grain of salt: russell wilson, jonathan taylor, joe thomas, jj watt, ron dayne.
Thought you were older than that rb!
I could never forget Rufus “The Roadrunner” Ferguson and Billy “Alla-Marek-An”

Thought you were older than that rb!
I could never forget Rufus “The Roadrunner” Ferguson and Billy “Alla-Marek-An”
Billy Marek. Now I feel ancient. The old days when games were only on tape delay on Public television

Ah... One of the players mentioned. I knew his Great Uncle Joe. He owned a resort and bar up in Northwestern Wisconsin. It was a hang out for all us under aged beer drinkers back in the day. They spent their summers at the resort, and winters in Chicago, where they called home.

Joe was rough shod guy who would look into your eyes and ask if you were 18, and if you didn't flinch and said "yes," it was good enough for him. He liked drinking. A lot!

He had a hired hand who did the majority of the work around there. He had one arm. Lost his right arm in WWII. Everyone called him "Lefty" for obvious reasons.

Anyhow, Lefty was shtucking old Joe's wife, and she got pregnant. Apparently nobody knew it until one day that she went to the hospital and delivered a baby boy. Old Joe believed it was the second coming, because he and his wife didn't do the naughty bump, as he put it.

Nobody ever told him the truth.

I need to write a manuscript about all the crap that happened up there when I was a kid. There were times I believed our family was the only sane one in the county. And even then, there were times, with some of my relatives, that made me think we were kinda the same.

1. Charles Woodson
  2. Herschel Walker
  3. Barry Sanders
  4. Dan Marino
  5. Derrick Thomas
Honorable Mention
  1. Doug Flutie
  2. Mike Rozier
  3. Bruce Smith
  4. Desmond Howard
  5. Ron Dayne
Those are great ones!

I was able to watch Hugh Douglass and Erik Williams play at CSU in Ohio. Those dudes were dominant in their conference.

My buddy from Athens always talked about Walker. Just loved him.

Billy Sims and Marcus Dupree rank up there for me

Tony Dorssett
Ladanian Tomlinson
Marcus Allen
Lynn Swan

Lawrence Taylor
Julius Peppers

I'm gonna go with just guys I saw live. Maybe not the very best, but a pretty solid group.
Archie Griffin
Nolan Cromwell
Drew Brees
Charles Woodson
Lorenzo White

The best Badgers I've seen live. (I could easily add another dozen worthy of being among this group.)
Ron Dayne
Jonathan Taylor
Troy Vincent
Al Toon
JJ Watt

Back