Best, Worst case scenarios for Badgers RB’s in 2020

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Believe it or not, we’re just over 2 months away from the start of the Wisconsin Badgers 2020 season. It may not feel like it outside or in your mind, but it’s time to hunker down and look at the team as it stands prior to fall camp. Of course we’ll have the full position break downs and all the information you’ve come to expect from a preview in general. But, we&#8217.

Source

Continue reading...

I see Nokia Watson becoming a big part of the offense before the season is over. He has the strength and savvy to provide some quality carries this year. He'll end up being the replacement for Taylor.

I’m going with Julius Davis as the next big star. Had offers from Notre Dame, LSU & USC. Nice speed and strength combo

Couple of guys no one mentioned.... if he stays healthy then Shaw is the #2 RB this season. He can run inside zone with power and vision. Watch for UW to use FB Chenal and Catback Groshek a lot more then you might think.

I think we're going to see a lot of Chenal at FB, and Groshek much like last year, only a little more. I had hoped Shaw would be in the mix but to be honest, watching him last year, I've become doubtful. He seemed to lack the vision he needs to read blockers. If he does regain that, he could end up the #2. If not, I see them moving on, and using his sparingly, and as a back that they'll need if anything does happen to Taylor.

I think any questions related to Shaw and Watson will play out in game #1. Groshek is just plain going to be there, because he's dependable, and a real asset on offense. Just my thoughts.

Chenal. He's going to be a good one at FB.

I agree TW, that I have never been impressed with Shaw other than he is able to get what is blocked most of the time. I suspect you are thinking of previous seasons of work as Shaw was injured and did not play at all last year. Still doesn't change the thought that he's not very dynamic as a runner.

His best year was actually his red-shirt freshman season when he averaged 5+ yds per carry. That went down in 2017 and of course last year was a completely lost season. I really hope Watson can show a bit more and become the #2 guy. Shaw as the #3 would be a solid guy for that role.

I suspect you are thinking of previous seasons of work as Shaw was injured and did not play at all last year.

Yes. I was referring to years past. Doh!

Back