Best, Worst case scenarios for Badgers Wide Receivers in 2019

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The heat of summer is upon us and the recruiting trail has been even hotter for the Wisconsin Badgers. However, that heat also indicates that the long offseason nightmare is about to be over. With that in mind, we’re taking a summer-long look at each position group heading in to the 2019 season. Previous Positions: Running Back | Defensive Line | Today, we flip back to the offensive side of...

Source

Continue reading...

I believe the top 4 receivers will have a solid year. Part of this is because of what Ferguson will offer at TE. He can draw company on routes, and that creates better one-on-one opportunities for others, and with the speed of Cruikshank.... gotta be ready for the Badgers passing game, and still stack up on the line, hoping to stop Taylor.

I think we're going to see a brand new attitude towards the pass, but it might take two or three games to get it working right. Who will be under center? I don't know. At this point, I'm guessing Coan, because he's experienced.

Best case: they get open a bunch and don't drop passes

Worst case: they can't get open, they can't catch anything, and they can't block downfield.

Badgers Achilles heel is WR... For recruiting WR PC gets a big fat F. Get you butt down to Florida or to California and get that 6'2 wide out that scares the hell out of the defense. The guys we have are 3 star over achievers that struggle to consistently get open. This trio scares no one except the Badgers QB room. Could be another long season for the O in Madtown.

Badgers Achilles heel is WR... For recruiting WR PC gets a big fat F. Get you butt down to Florida or to California and get that 6'2 wide out that scares the hell out of the defense. The guys we have are 3 star over achievers that struggle to consistently get open. This trio scares no one except the Badgers QB room. Could be another long season for the O in Madtown.
It’s a combination of the inability to recruit a QB that can get the ball downfield, Negative recruiting that you can’t put up numbers because it’s run dominated offense and the 30,000 pound gorilla in the room academics. Florida kids don’t just have the big 3 to choose from but UCF and USF are factors. It’s an uphill battle and that’s being optimistic

We have had a few decent receivers run through Madison, but not enough to make the Badgers a passing threat. Kids know that, coming out of high school, and like stated 3-star kids are all we really get.

It's not going to change as long as we remain a run dominated team like we are. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Still, I don't think we need to have a stable of receivers who grab 75 catches each. We need a few guys who can step up and be possession receivers when we need it, to keep defenses honest.

So right on the 30,000# elephant.

Back