Beverley mocked Paul

TW

Reaction score
Patrick Beverley mocked Chris Paul when he was tagged with a flagrant 1 last night. I agreed with him. I'm tired of watching the flopping, acting, and players initiating contact using rips, and jumping into a defender, to get a call against them. Paul also used the leg kick to initiate contact in one play, and got away with it. Pure hogwash!

Hopefully the rules committee will take care of this situation before next year. It's really gotten out of hand. There's also no continuity on how they call the flagrant fouls. An elbow to the face last night didn't generate a flagrant foul, but Beverley got tagged.

Patrick Beverley mocked Chris Paul when he was tagged with a flagrant 1 last night. I agreed with him. I'm tired of watching the flopping, acting, and players initiating contact using rips, and jumping into a defender, to get a call against them. Paul also used the leg kick to initiate contact in one play, and got away with it. Pure hogwash!

Hopefully the rules committee will take care of this situation before next year. It's really gotten out of hand. There's also no continuity on how they call the flagrant fouls. An elbow to the face last night didn't generate a flagrant foul, but Beverley got tagged.
Start suspending players if they flop IMO. Even LeFlop James does it suspend him.

Reactions: TW

That was not a flagrant foul on Beverly, common foul yes. He undercut the screen and got Paul on the hip.

I’m not as concerned about the flops as I am about players initiating contact, yes Trae Young.

Start suspending players if they flop IMO. Even LeFlop James does it suspend him.
You can’t suspend a player on a judgement call. Hell they tried to enforce the “flop” rule in college last year and it was a disaster. Now fix the rule on initiating contact I’m on board. And for the record Bron is not the best flooper in the league

That was not a flagrant foul on Beverly, common foul yes. He undercut the screen and got Paul on the hip.

I’m not as concerned about the flops as I am about players initiating contact, yes Trae Young.
Agree with this completely. The flagrant foul call was pure nonsense on Beverly, I wouldn't say Paul flopped on that play because Beverly did hit him. But yeah, to not even look at the elbow to the face just a few minutes later was a very odd decision by the officials. But this trend in initiating contact, the flailing of the arms and other things to try to get a foul called started back with Manu Ginobili, and James Harden took it to the next level, and now Trae Young.

You can’t suspend a player on a judgement call. Hell they tried to enforce the “flop” rule in college last year and it was a disaster. Now fix the rule on initiating contact I’m on board. And for the record Bron is not the best flooper in the league
There are some clear flops if it's clear they flop suspend them only way to get it through their heads to stop it.

There are some clear flops if it's clear they flop suspend them only way to get it through their heads to stop it.
it's a judgment call and no I don't want to create another rule that does not get officiated consistently. And then the inevitable replay challenge. And like the NBAPA will ever agree to a suspension which would need to be in the CBA. If you watched how much the NCAA made a mess of the so called flop rule last year just think of the NBA mess

The rule for initiating contact already exists and its not called consistently, but you want to create another rule? no thanks

Back