Bo Ryan feuding with Alvarez over replacement?

The job cannot even be offered until after the season . And then posted per state law.

Semantics. You know before a coach leaves or is fired the successor is identified. They can post the job, perform the token interviews, and still offer to who ever they want.

Semantics. You know before a coach leaves or is fired the successor is identified. They can post the job, perform the token interviews, and still offer to who ever they want.

Not in WI you can't, went through this the last 2 FB hires. UW is a very closed and structured deal.

I understand what you guys are saying. My point is behind closed doors agreements are made all the time. Alvarez hand picked Bielema, didn't he?

There is no feuding. The guy who wrote the story was speculating without any basis of fact.

It will be Gard and I can guarantee it will not be Bennett

[BCOLOR=#fbfbff]Alvarez did pick Bielema and it got him in some hot water with University and State for a time as I recall. He learned from that and now does it by the book. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#fbfbff]That said, I'm sure Barry and athletic dept. can reach a verbal agreement and come to a decision early among themselves, it's just that they will be required to put the window dressing on it by interviewing the candidates who submit applications. Plus, who knows what attention the posting might draw. You may love Gard, but get a surprise applicant. Need to do due dilligence.[/BCOLOR]

... Need to do due dilligence.[/BCOLOR]

he said "do due".

hqdefault.jpg

There is no feuding. The guy who wrote the story was speculating without any basis of fact.

It will be Gard and I can guarantee it will not be Bennett
I don't care who it is as long as the last name isn't Bielema or Anderson or related to either of them.

Back