Brett Favre HOF Induction Thread (All threads merged)

Some false info going out this morning regarding Favre and TT, first this tweet from Favre about TT : @Favre4Official talked to #Packers GM Ted Thompson, told me, "I had a chance to meet with Ted. We didn't need last night to be OK."

He did mention TT in his speech while talking about his family... when discussing his family IE mother in law he said and I quote " she tries to play a great GM like Ron Wolf and Ted sometimes" end quote so all that talk is people trying to sp)

Also saw where people are saying he didn't mention Sherman. Also a lie. He touched on Mike being a great HC and how much he appreciated him... earlier he touched on Mike being a TE coach on staff.

You can't watch the little videos today and get the full picture. Media coverage is kind of crappy

He talked about Sherman a couple times. The two guys he really did not talk much about which I was surprised was Holmgren and his dad. They did show TT a couple of times. He was seated near the back. Only guy I did not see or mentioned so I don't know if he was there was Jon Gruden.

There were bears fans and many other teams fans there last night.... it was a NFL event as well as a "Packer " event. It's over and done..he is part of the legacy group of players. Kramer and Bart have welcomed him in that group.. now if some fans can't that's fine but it's moot at this stage of the game.

Time to move forward and close that chapter as history. tc(
I thought it was a Packer thing, I love Favre always have broke my heart seeing him in purple. Which is why I asked if this is a Packer thing why would Lori Nickol show the fat kid in a queens jersey. So other teams celebrated also that's fine. The queens jersey was a #4 by the way. What through me it was an induction into Packer Hall and all press was Favre and Green Bay. A time to move forward yes, I think you missed my point

Last edited:
The best thing about the event is that it happened. It's done and over with. No one needs to discuss the when and how a reconciliation will occur. The past seven years can be filed away in history, where they belong.

Things change so rapidly in sports. Many Packer fans 15 years old and younger have little memory of Favre as a Packer, and have no emotional feeling about him one way or another. Their attachment is to Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully, one is a budding QB who, by 2030 or so, will have helped us file away in history our memories of AR.

The next hype for a HOF banquet jersey retirement will be Rodgers as he is the only player who will also have his number retired. With Favre retired that makes 6 officially retired numbers. With 1 and 5 unofficially retired that leaves the Packers with only 92 numbers and with 90 TC spots open packers are limited unless they do what the Bears have to do and that is give players more then 1 number to share.

Not too much to add here. I turned 21 the year of his first start. Grew up hardcore on some bad football, know the names.....and things flowed Wolf-Holmgren-Favre. We know the story, the oldtimers can tell it better than I.

It was a transformation of a club, a lasting one, that transcends the limits of chalked lines of a field, how different a stadium looks 20 yrs later, where we were before....and after. One player comes along, lures Reggie, and it was over.

So, to Brett Lorenzo Favre, I raise my beer...you ranged every single emotion out of true Packer fans, good and bad. They were not so coincidentally the best years of my life, the arc of a singular career. Many would agree.
Come home...

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been.

Thanks, bud br)

ron wolf had this to say:

“Anytime a franchise gets a player like Brett Favre, that’s rare,” Wolf said. “Just think about what he did, changing that organization from a loser to a winner. In all my years – I spent 38 years in the NFL – I’ve never been around a player who did for a team what Brett did for the Packers.”

Back