Bucks don't get enough from their Big 3, fall short in double-overtime thriller

BucksFeed

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Bucks need their top players, Antetokounmpo, Middleton and Bledsoe, to make major contributions in order to get past the Raptors.

bucks

Continue reading...

Considering most of the starters had an off night, and the subs scored nearly half the points, and shot lights out, I'm not going to get a bit excited about having lost this game. I think the Bucks, as a team, realizes that what happened was a perfect storm that kept them from sweeping the Raptors.

Expect the Bucks the hit the floor with a vengeance next game out. They aren't any different than they were in the first two games, where they decimated Toronto.

The Bucks will win this series and move on to the finals.

It was odd the way all 3 of their top guys had off nights. Giannis in particular was kinda weak with the ball. Poor passes and soft finishes when he did have a chance. He's obviously the main cog in the offense. Middleton seemed a little tentative as well. Not a good night, and yet they stayed in the game. Hopefully they get things back to normal on Tuesday and come back home up 3-1.

The Bucks once again came out stale in the first quarter. They beat the Raptors in every quarter but the first and that was their downfall. Somehow they need to figure out how to be ready to go in the beginning of the game. The only time they have had a good first quarter in the last two series has been last game against the Raptors and we killed them.

Amazing that we still had the opportunity to win even with all our main guys stinking it up.

Well I never thought that they would sweep Toronto and I had it to go 6 so this was not a shock to me in some ways. What did surprise me a bit was the bench rotation. Connaughton only played 12 minutes, only Hill and Brogdon played significant minutes. As had been pointed out, Middleton and Giannis were off and Bledsoe looked out of sorts. It happens. Matchups are key now. Not sure who guards Siakam but Giannis is the only one with length and quick to close out, down side is foul trouble. I think Bud goes to Brogdon as a starter, but he did play 37 minutes so maybe just semantics. Middleton needs to step up. 44 minutes and only 9 points

The officiating let Toronto play very physical against the Bucks last night, primarily down low (Giannis was getting a lot of contact). With them not hitting their 3 pt shots, they needed to be able to have Giannis score in the paint, but they couldn't get that going either. I originally thought this series might go 7, but after these first 3 I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucks win it in 5.

The officiating let Toronto play very physical against the Bucks last night, primarily down low (Giannis was getting a lot of contact). With them not hitting their 3 pt shots, they needed to be able to have Giannis score in the paint, but they couldn't get that going either. I originally thought this series might go 7, but after these first 3 I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucks win it in 5.
While points in the paint were lacking so were the decisions made by Giannis. Toronto ran at him and doubled him at every opportunity. One play that stood out is when he was doubled, instead of making the easy pass to Mirotic for an open 3 he made tried the difficult pass across the floor to Middleton and threw it OB. That’s why I would like to see Brogdon and Hill on the floor with Giannis, Middleton more. Swing the ball and with 3 shooters on the floor it’s creates open space.

This series is a bit closer than people realize. Take away game 2 and the fourth quarter in game 1 it’s relatively even. With Powell and Ibaka Toronto found a bench, while limited it will help them

This game reminded me of the loss against Boston. The Bucks weren't prepared to handle the pressure on Giannis the way they should. That said, it was one game, and I'm not in the slightest bit phased about the loss.

I look for another physical game in Toronto, but this time around the Bucks won't commit all those hacking fouls that should have never happened, and we'll see more consistent movement of the ball outside to keep Toronto running, to wear them out.

Every time they were getting tired, the Bucks would let them off the hook by not forcing them into the quicker game. That's the Bucks prime weapon, their up-tempo game.

One stat that stood out to me was Toronto averaged 18 assists per game, last night 28. Well maybe 2 stats, we only shot 66% from the line. While I’m not in a panic, a few things last night were concerning. #1 Defense rotations on Powell were slow, gets back to Toronto ball movement/assists. Just overall slow on defense. Same in Game 1 #2 Middleton, just off the whole series. #3. Toronto’s “other guys”. Green has been non existent, i know it’s one shot but if he gets a rhythm it takes pressure off Lowry

They fought even though they did not have what it takes. They didn't give up.

Ok. They're allowed 1 off night. That was it. :) Now go finish it.

Back