Christian Yelich contract ext details and wanting to be a Brewer for life

no to you FP( because you think our crappy offense is no issue. Not hitting the ball won't win you games in Oct.
Never said it was no issue. Never. But I have said pitching wins in October and I stand by that. I’m just enjoying the ride.

Agree, the Brewers have had plenty of offense in past season's in October and where did it get them. Pitching wins in the playoffs. That said, yes, you'd like to have better offense. Maybe they can still make a trade to bring in some help.

Yelich is not hitting well, but agree that dropping him in the line-up doesn't fix the problem and isn't a particularly wise use of your biggest investment. You have to work to get him fixed and dropping him down to 7th won't likely do that. It may make you hold your nose right now but you need to work with this guy to get him going. They have to think long-term because they are basically stuck paying him huge money for the next 5-6 years. You'd like that not to be 6 years in the 7-hole.

Watching him (Yelich) hit last night he seemed late on just about everything, just slow seeing the pitch. There were 2-3 pitches that were up in the zone, that in his MVP run he handles that pitch, maybe not hit it out but solid contact. There were also some pitches that he just guessed wrong on, some breaking balls inside and down. Granted Lynn is really good (understatement) but he just looked "off". Not sure how much is physical, they mentioned last night it started when he messed up his knee which would explain a few things. Also mentioned is back is "getting better" so theres that also.

Anyone who has never played a sport that requires eye/hand coordination won’t ever understand what Yelich is going through right now.

Baseball, golf, tennis, etc require that your swing/stroke be in a “groove” to be successful.

Injury to backs, knees, elbows will all throw off your timing and many other aspects of your groove. Players also may compensate in how they swing and it stresses another joint or area of the body. I’ve been there, done that.

It’s not an easy thing to overcome because beyond the physical healing, there’s the mental aspect where the player has to trust that all is well an just swing free and recapture that groove.

Takes time

Anyone who has never played a sport that requires eye/hand coordination won’t ever understand what Yelich is going through right now.

Baseball, golf, tennis, etc require that your swing/stroke be in a “groove” to be successful.

Injury to backs, knees, elbows will all throw off your timing and many other aspects of your groove. Players also may compensate in how they swing and it stresses another joint or area of the body. I’ve been there, done that.

It’s not an easy thing to overcome because beyond the physical healing, there’s the mental aspect where the player has to trust that all is well an just swing free and recapture that groove.

Takes time
100% on point. You bring up a very important point in trust. That’s what I was trying to get at in my previous post. He was not trusting his swing last night. Pitches that he either handled or laid off. Everything was a guess and not committed.

Agree, the Brewers have had plenty of offense in past season's in October and where did it get them. Pitching wins in the playoffs. That said, yes, you'd like to have better offense. Maybe they can still make a trade to bring in some help.

Yelich is not hitting well, but agree that dropping him in the line-up doesn't fix the problem and isn't a particularly wise use of your biggest investment. You have to work to get him fixed and dropping him down to 7th won't likely do that. It may make you hold your nose right now but you need to work with this guy to get him going. They have to think long-term because they are basically stuck paying him huge money for the next 5-6 years. You'd like that not to be 6 years in the 7-hole.
I don't think it's long term but even maybe short term it could help. You need Yelich to be able to hit like he used to in the 2-3 spot

100% on point. You bring up a very important point in trust. That’s what I was trying to get at in my previous post. He was not trusting his swing last night. Pitches that he either handled or laid off. Everything was a guess and not committed.
Either he screwed up his swing adjusting when he hurt his back or his back is messed up and he needs surgery on it.

Either he screwed up his swing adjusting when he hurt his back or his back is messed up and he needs surgery on it.
Or could be neither. Last night it seemed more like a timing issue and not trusting his swing.

Or could be neither. Last night it seemed more like a timing issue and not trusting his swing.
At this point in year I question if it's in his head and he's trying to hard

Back