Comedy

Packinatl

Reaction score
Holy crap Pack!
There were rumors of “Uncle Augie” and his “business” but honestly I was a bit naive and brushed it off. The family lived in Whitefish Bay. We also had the Balistrieri family in Mequon and one of the daughters was in my graduation class. Not sure how close they were on the family tree to Frank.

GBP4EVER

Draft Guru
2021 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Well if he was dating a girl who has mob ties in the family yes. I dated a girl in Milwaukee my junior year in college who’s family was let’s say tied to some shady activities. Her uncle started his car one morning and it went boom. Needless to say I had to reassess our relationship. See the #2 in this article as reference
Read the MKE crime family is all but done as the Chicago family has pretty much taken over the MKE area.

TW

Reaction score
There was a cop I worked with, who was dating this gal whose Father was obviously connected. One day he went out to his attached garage, got in his car, and BOOM! The charge was carefully chosen to blow him up in the drivers seat, but not cause any appreciable damage to the house or anyone else.

The gal cut it off with my co-worker. It seems some people thought he was a snitch because of her dating the cop.

Within a couple of weeks, a couple more "friends of the family" were found to have had accidents as well.

Their severance packages don't include money.

Just saying.

Packinatl

Reaction score
Read the MKE crime family is all but done as the Chicago family has pretty much taken over the MKE area.
It’s been all but done for years. The Balistrieri mob made their cash on coin laundries and the old games inside bars and bowing alleys.

GBP4EVER

Draft Guru
2021 Draft Guru
Reaction score
It’s been all but done for years. The Balistrieri mob made their cash on coin laundries and the old games inside bars and bowing alleys.
Read that they were even invovled with the famous Donny Brasico

TW

Reaction score
Milwaukee's crime family was always a branch of the Chicago mob. That's where the rub came from. Frankie Bal thought he was above kissing their rings.

For every mob killing you read about, and has been publicized, there have been dozens.

Packinatl

Reaction score
Milwaukee's crime family was always a branch of the Chicago mob. That's where the rub came from. Frankie Bal thought he was above kissing their rings.

For every mob killing you read about, and has been publicized, there have been dozens.
Sally’s Steakhouse was like the “hub” for “meetings” back in the day. Balistrieri’s then were famous for opening many clubs and bars in the city

GBP4EVER

Draft Guru
2021 Draft Guru
Reaction score

Yeah the golden age of Maifa is long gone. With more of them getting busted and the rise of the street gangs they don't have the power they once did.

Packinatl

Reaction score
Yeah the golden age of Maifa is long gone. With more of them getting busted and the rise of the street gangs they don't have the power they once did.
After Gotti it slowed down. It still exists. Street gangs are a whole different animal

Keg Man

Reaction score
Wasn't there a Balistreri owned restaurant or one he frequented on the west end of Brady? I remember playing rugby for Milwaukee in the mid 80s and hanging out at the Up and Under and of course Wolskis. But I remember a bomb, hit, or something not to friendly happening with touches of the Balistreri family at that restaurant and Brady Street was a lot quieter for a couple of weeks.