Corbun Burnes on fire

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
MLB record for starting pitcher to start a season with 40Ks and zero walks. This year seams like it just has come on for Burnes. Couple years ago he really struggled and was giving up a ton of HR's. Hopefully he can keep dealing nasty all year.

He is dealing right now. He keeps this up and the Brewers have their first Cy Young award winner.

Getting a little ahead of myself there. He's got another 25 or so starts to go.

corbin

i remember those years. i was more into baseball back then.
Yep same. I moved from Milwaukee in 83 and went to Game 3 of the World Series in 82. The crowds on Wisconsin Avenue after they beat Baltimore to win the division and after the ALCS were unbelievable

Actually Fingers and Vukovich won back to back Cy Young’s in 81 & 82

Even though I'm not a Brewers fan, I have complete set of every year during the 80s police card sets. My cousin was a cop in Milwaukee, then in New Berlin, and saved me a set from each year. They've never been touched. Pristine. I don't know if they're worth anything or not. I do know they'll be handed down to my kids, along with all the other memorabilia I have.

MLB record for starting pitcher to start a season with 40Ks and zero walks. This year seams like it just has come on for Burnes. Couple years ago he really struggled and was giving up a ton of HR's. Hopefully he can keep dealing nasty all year.
This is why you can’t evaluate kids especially pitchers and peg them as bust or boom early. It’s so much more than speed it’s movement and location and that’s a process.

Hopefully pitching keeps going as they are and hitting figures out to be more consistant.

I actually should have remembered Fingers because I believe there was a fair bit of debate over a reliever getting the award. For whatever reason, I completely blanked out on Vukovich. Duh . . .

Back