DAL v NYG MM Decision

oakleaf

Reaction score
Do you think McCarthy knew what he was doing by not challenging NYG's called catch? Dallas would have won the challenge and in all likelihood the game. If Washington had lost, Dallas would have been in the playoffs.

Hence my "conspiratorial" question. Do you think McCarthy knew they didn't belong in the playoffs (and if they were they would have been quickly eliminated), so opted not to challenge and endanger a #10 draft pick and slot through all rounds of the draft? If they had made the playoffs Dallas would have had no better than #19 pick and slot.

I ask because of all the abuse he has been taking on the sports talking heads shows. Maybe his decision had merit.

Reactions: TW
It wouldn't be the first time a team has intentionally tanked a game to improve their draft.

Lot depends on communication. Did someone tell him it was close? Did someone tell him won’t get overturned? Not sure what his angle was to see the play but usually the booth gets involved

I don’t know that he can think that fast
Unless he was told prior, "Do not go out of your way to win this game. Right now a 6-10 draft position is more important to the Cowboys than a playoff berth."

Most likely it was as Packinatl says – a major communication gaffe. I've never seen a worse (obvious and costly) non-challenge.

“No question in my mind that if Dallas would’ve challenged this it would have been reversed to an incomplete pass.” - Mike Pereira

Lot depends on communication. Did someone tell him it was close? Did someone tell him won’t get overturned? Not sure what his angle was to see the play but usually the booth gets involved
McFatty had plenty of time to see a replay on the jumbotron. He just was a inept coach who failed his team.

McFatty had plenty of time to see a replay on the jumbotron. He just was a inept coach who failed his team.
That’s not how it works. And not not how they piece film. The Jumbotron is not the cleanest view either assuming it was even shown with no fans in stands

His time in GB showed that he almost always made the wrong decision when it came to close calls and challenges. Doesn't seem like anything has changed . .

Back