George Cumby

Reaction score
Saw the debate on shout and thought maybe it's a nice topic for a thread,
here's the season totals so far:

Davante: 74 rec, 112 tgts, 925 yds, 10 TDs
Watson: 18 rec, 27 tgts, 243 tds, 5 TDs, also has 1 rush TD
Doubs: 31 rec, 50 tgts, 314 yds, 3 TDs
Toure: 4 rec, 9 tgts, 75 yds, 1 TD

(Rookies combined: 49 rec, 86 tgts, 632 yds, 9 TDs, 1 rushing TD)

The rookies are matching Adams on TDs, but Adams is getting more recs and is soundly beating them on targets and yards. I'm not surprised tbh. If Adams was with GB they'd force-feed him the ball too.
Adams is on pace for just under 1500 yards on a troubled Raiders team.

Another comment: Some of his "routes" for LVR don't even look like routes so much as "beat your guy off the line and I'll look for you across the middle". I've seen him take almost 2 seconds to get 5 yards past the LOS but beat his man...very weird and unlike pretty much every WR I've seen.

Lastly, the rookies -- and the offense -- would run better if Rodgers looked to them and if MLF ran his actual offense. That they're open has been discussed plenty already. Holding out hope Rodgers will trust them by end of season !

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI looks like you missed the stats for the TNF game Watson is at 18 for 243 and 5 TD's.

Lost in this conversation is that MVS is having a decent year in KC, looked great the couple times I watched.

So MVS 26 for 441 1 TD
Adams 74 for 925 10 TD

We lost 100 rec, 1366 yards and 11 TD worth of offense so far from last season in theory, MVS also kept the safety's honest over the top which Watson is starting to do but not all the way there yet.

That's a hell of a lot of production lost.

Lost in this conversation is that MVS is having a decent year in KC, looked great the couple times I watched.

So MVS 26 for 441 1 TD
Adams 74 for 925 10 TD

We lost 100 rec, 1366 yards and 11 TD worth of offense so far from last season in theory, MVS also kept the safety's honest over the top which Watson is starting to do but not all the way there yet.

That's a hell of a lot of production lost.
Don’t forget St Brown adds another 200 yards and a TD plus the fact he’s turned into a solid blocker as well….

To be fair I didn’t think losing MVs or St Brown was a big deal. Jamal Williams either. But I also didn’t think that Gutey would fail spectacularly trying to replace them.

Last edited:
I appreciate the comparison but I don't think anyone was expecting a couple small school rookie WR to come in and even approach the production and reliability of Davante Adams right? Adams is not and was not a declining player, he's still top 5 in the league and this was known and understood when they traded him.

GB's approach to the WR room in 2022 is an obvious failure but IMO the true measure is looking at the other guys, the vets who actually might have had a chance at carrying the load.

Lazard: 38 rec, 66 tgts, 529 yds and 5TD
Cobb: 24 rec, 32 tgts, 330 yds and 0 TD
Watkins: 13 rec, 22 tgts, 206 yds and 0TD
Tonyan: 41 rec, 51 tgts, 342 yrds and 1 TD

That's where your failure is IMO. Leader in receptions is the TE coming off ACL surgery, that's just wrong. The production of the rookie WRs has honestly surpassed my expectations and I think they should be playing more, but if you want to put Adams stellar season in stark contrast to GB, look at the 4 guys above.

I appreciate the comparison but I don't think anyone was expecting a couple small school rookie WR to come in and even approach the production and reliability of Davante Adams right? Adams is not and was not a declining player, he's still top 5 in the league and this was known and understood when they traded him.

GB's approach to the WR room in 2022 is an obvious failure but IMO the true measure is looking at the other guys, the vets who actually might have had a chance at carrying the load.

Lazard: 38 rec, 66 tgts, 529 yds and 5TD
Cobb: 24 rec, 32 tgts, 330 yds and 0 TD
Watkins: 13 rec, 22 tgts, 206 yds and 0TD
Tonyan: 41 rec, 51 tgts, 342 yrds and 1 TD

That's where your failure is IMO. Leader in receptions is the TE coming off ACL surgery, that's just wrong. The production of the rookie WRs has honestly surpassed my expectations and I think they should be playing more, but if you want to put Adams stellar season in stark contrast to GB, look at the 4 guys above.
Very well stated @rpiotr01

Back