Day 2 - who ya got

57packer

Reaction score
OK, Day 2. Time to cover-up that pile of stink from Day 1 and come up with some players who'll maybe actually help this team this year.

Rd 2/3 options I like or think would be fits:

RB - Cam Akers and Zack Moss. Dobbins, Taylor and Swift are gone by 62. There are a few others but they seem more like Rd 4 guys.

WR - Lots of quality guys still there but I'm assuming Higgins, Shenault and Mims are gone by 62. Pittman likely to be gone, but I'll hold out hope on him. Guys more likely to be there at 62 and 94 who also sorta fit Gute's measurables - Bryan Edwards, Gabriel Davis and Donovan Peoples-Jones. All 3 seem more like value at 94 but maybe Gute sees it differently. (I prefer to leave out Claypool even though he's got the height & speed they look for because he just seems like a WR/TE tweener.) If they are willing to be different, guys like Lynn Bowden and Devin Duvernay would be interesting slot/move guys who are pretty dynamic.

TE - interesting options. Kmet is likely gone, but who knows. There's actually a pretty decent group here but I don't know if they are likely to spend a pick this high after using a 3rd on a TE last year. I think they wait until later if at all.

OT - Josh Jones is still there but I think he'll be long gone by 62. Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland, Matt Peart, and Prince Tega Wanogho all have a fit and would be options for me at 62. Saahdiq Charles would be in the mix at 94.

DT/DE - I think Blacklock is long gone by 62. I'd be happy with either Jordan Elliott or Raekwon Davis at 62. Leki Fotu might be a solid run stuffer type for #94 though I like him better later.

Edge - No need, so I'm not looking there. If by some miracle Gross-Matos lasts to 62 you'd almost be compelled to pull the trigger on him.

ILB - the best and we should have gotten one last night. Baun should be gone. Malik Harrison would be a nice fit at 62. Not a great coverage guy but has the physical skills. Willie Gay is a physical specimen but seems like he's wildly inconsistent. Could be really great if you can coach him up. Maybe at 94? Logan Wilson is more of a thumper so a package guy at 94.

CB - got really picked over last night. Still, there's some talent left. If Kristian Fulton or Jaylon Johnson are there you probably need to grab one of them at 62 but they're probably gone. Bryce Hall would be a really solid guy at 94 if he's still there.

S - completely ignored position on Day 1. That leaves McKinney, Delpit and Chinn still available. I suspect all are gone by 62. I don't think the Packers will look at safety until Day 3.

Man I wish they had just traded back instead of taking Love. Pittman early in Rd 2 followed by either Harrison, Davis or one of those OTs at #62 would be nice. Fill in another position at Rd 3 and you'd have a nice first 3 picks. Plus the extra 4th Rd pick from the trade down would have let you add another 3rd or move around more on Day 2. Ugh, I'm gonna hate that Love pick unless he's really good.

Either a FB or a Punter.

But really Packers will stay put at 62 my guess by then WR will pretty hard hit a guy like Van Jefferson, Cpheus or Peoples Jones might be the best value left on the board.

I would hope Malik Harrison is there at 62 but think he might be gone. Baun would not touch him if he's there at 62 not a fit. Though another Badger Badisaz might be there at worthy to look at.

Either a FB or a Punter.

But really Packers will stay put at 62 my guess by then WR will pretty hard hit a guy like Van Jefferson, Cpheus or Peoples Jones might be the best value left on the board.

I would hope Malik Harrison is there at 62 but think he might be gone. Baun would not touch him if he's there at 62 not a fit. Though another Badger Badisaz might be there at worthy to look at.

I sure hope they wouldn't touch Cephus this early. Rds 4-6 would seem about right. Biadasz is a good player and Rd 3 would be OK for him, but they need a tackle. They don't have a 4th Rd pick and there aren't any OTs that can help you that late.

OT is a real issue for me. Wagner is just OK. If BahkT goes down at some point this season they are screwed. In the past you could have patched it together by putting Bulaga over there. Alex Light can fill in some snaps but if he has to play LT for a few games it's gonna be a mess. If they don't get an OT in Rd 2, or 3 at the latest then hopefully they bring back Veldheer so you at least have a veteran option.

Back