Dougherty: Brian Gutekunst still must fill one more major draft need for Packers

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Brian Gutekunst filled acute needs on the offensive line and at tight end in the second and third rounds. But his work is not yet done.

home

Continue reading...

Finding a RB day 3? This draft was already weak at RB IMO you won't find any RB better then what you have now in Jones and Williams at RB.

Not sure you need a guy better than Jones. He's pretty damn good. They were both drafted late so hopefully lightening strikes twice. I don't think you get a world beater but you need some depth. I think there could be a guy or two there in Rd5 who can help them.

Will say it again Bryce Love if he's still there in the 6th round. Knee is a serious concern but I think a 6th is worth spending a lottery ticket on to see if he can come back to be player he once was. You draft him put him on IR let him rehab this year and then see in 2020 what he looks like. If he can't come back all you are out is a 6th round pick and those are cut all the time.

Well, LOve had a visit with the Packers I believe. I'm sure they took a long, hard look at that knee. Sounds like he may be off some team's boards. It's not a stellar group that's left but sometimes a guy develops more than you'd expect.

Love is off the board. Maybe Snell? Or a few others available for depth. At this stage losing both 4ths might wait for udfa

Love is off the board. Maybe Snell? Or a few others available for depth. At this stage losing both 4ths might wait for udfa
Pass on RB this was a weak RB class no need to reach for guys who are not as good as what you already have Sign some UDFA for camp bodies.

Back