Dougherty: Emphasis on outside zone run could reignite Packers' offense

Harris is more like Elliott if you want to comp Bama RB's. agree on the receiver and quickness comment

I’d be ok with them making a run at SEA RB Mike Davis if he’s still hanging around after the first week of FA, and then draft a RB in the 4th/5th.........there’s several in that range that could be good addition to Packers.

Was watching some combine coverage and what do you know, they bring up Jonah Williams. Story out there that 'Bama asked him about moving inside to OC. He says it wasn't serious talk.

Supposedly some teams looking at him as an inside guy rather than tackle. Probably a load of BS, but if even partly true, maybe he drops to #12. I think I'll do a mock with that scenario.

I’m reviving this thread because I thought of something last night.

LaFleur wants to use 12 personnel to make this outside zone work the way he wants it to work, from my understanding.

Do any of us believe that either Graham and Lewis will be around after the 2019 season?

Since it’s a deep draft class at TE, I’m thinking it wouldn’t surprise me to see them take a TE early and then come back with another one on Day 3 of the draft.

Someone like a Kaden Smith or Foster Moreau, who are both solid blockers and could develop into serviceable receivers.

If they don’t draft two this year, they’ll likely add another in the draft next year. So while the talent is there now, this thought makes some sense to me.

I’m reviving this thread because I thought of something last night.

LaFleur wants to use 12 personnel to make this outside zone work the way he wants it to work, from my understanding.

Do any of us believe that either Graham and Lewis will be around after the 2019 season?

Since it’s a deep draft class at TE, I’m thinking it wouldn’t surprise me to see them take a TE early and then come back with another one on Day 3 of the draft.

Someone like a Kaden Smith or Foster Moreau, who are both solid blockers and could develop into serviceable receivers.

If they don’t draft two this year, they’ll likely add another in the draft next year. So while the talent is there now, this thought makes some sense to me.
He likes both 11 and 12 personal as his base however he will threw in some twists.... as of last week they were still putting together the playbook and were going to use OTA to tweak it once they have some film. That's something that can't be overstated... ML hasn't seen
this team regardless of O or D on the field yet and watched them up close. Many things can change between now and training camp in terms of how he tweaks the approach.

Back