Draft Surprises

Draft Surprise Packers take DJ Metcalf at 12.

Personally I would hate that pick but would be a surprise.

That's why thinking now we might have a shot at either Josh Allen or White at 12 cuz of the QBs and what Jets and Bucs might do. Happens every draft that players thought to be gone are still.on the board like aka James last year

I think there will be at least 3 QBs taken in the top 11, rankings be damned and if someone gets trade happy there could be 4 but that would be a total, out-of-left-field surprise.

I think Bosa, Williams, Allen, Oliver, and White are gone. If a couple of teams just decide to play it safe with OTs in the first 11, then the guys in play for GB become Bush, Hock and Sweat along with maybe one of the OTs. Not the most thrilling group to me, but any of the 4 could be solid additions IMO. There certainly could be a huge surprise at 12, but it's not the deepest draft for top-tier, can't miss talent. I don't see one of those guys sliding enough, but don't get me wrong, there are solid, Pro-Bowl quality players to be had at 12 and any of that group above should help the Packers be better next year and beyond.

This draft seems like the best value is late first through early 3rd which is why I could see the Packers trading down from 12 or 30 if they don't like the value and then packaging 75 and a couple of 4ths to get another pick in the middle of Rd 2. There seems to be some really nice value in the 2nd Rd in terms of S, TE, OL, and WR.

Guys who might be there in that 30-60 range include most of TE - Fant, Smith, Sternberger, Knox, Oliver; S-Adderley, Rapp, Savage, Thornhill, Abram, Gardner-Johnson; OL-Risner, Little, Howard, McGary, Lindstrom; WR-Harry, AJ Brown, Butler, Campbell, Isabella, Samuel. That's 22 players at 4 positions who the Packers might like and who would seem to be fits or have known interest. I really like the value in that area and would like to see them maneuver to get another pick there in addition to 30 and 44.

Locke drops to bottom of first round and Packers get him with their second first round pick. He's versatile enough that if you sit him for 2-3 years on a cheap contract he's a great prospect for Arods replacement.

Locke drops to bottom of first round and Packers get him with their second first round pick. He's versatile enough that if you sit him for 2-3 years on a cheap contract he's a great prospect for Arods replacement.

If the Cards take Murray I'd rather trade a 2nd or 3rd for Rosen than use a first on Lock. Hell, you could argue trading 30 for Rosen is a better move than using 30 on Lock.

Back