Draft Thoughts: Not Panic Time: Part 1 WRs

Terranimal

Reaction score
So we didn't get the shiny Jaguar sports car so we're screwed? No chicken little the sky isn't falling yet.

If course the shiny red sports car is a want. But what would you rather have, a Jaguar that might be high maintenance, (analogy for players coming off injuries) or two high end Honda or Toyotas that still have acceleration and dependable? (Again analogy for solid route runners with hands and dependable and fight for the ball)

James Jones and Bucky Brooks called it that we wouldn't draft WR in Rd 1. Both are former Packers btw and Brooks has been a scout.

Jones had his 3 top WRs as London, Skyy More, and Pickens. Most real talent evaluators have Skyy as best WR in this class but being 5-10 is why he didn't break into Rd 1.He draws comparison to Cobb and had him rated over Dotson.

Btw Jones has WR Quan Thornton as a WR for us.

I think it's safe to assume that these WRs will be off the board by 53: Pickens, Pierce (Bears like him at 39), Moore, and Watson (who I like).

But as title says no panic time. In addition to guys mentioned above here is my realistic list of WRs think would be fits for GB....

My Order of talent and preference which is opposite order of some Big Boards.

Erik Ezukanma 6-2 210 4.5 Texas Tech: Big strong WR that makes tough catches, good hands and route runner, a chain mover with first round talent.

Velus Jones 6-0 205 4.3 Tenn:
Very accomplished WR and also Returner with high football IQ. Like Erik above can play both WR positions with good hands, can run route tree and good at YAC. Would be one heck of a one-two punch if we had both of these players.

David Bell 6-1 212 4.6 Purdue:
If you watch Big 10/ Badgers then you know about him :)

Jalen Tolbert 6-1 194 4.4 South Alabama: regretfully don't know much about him, however have heard his name mentioned as a possible to Pack by James Jones and another.

Regardless who Gutey takes for the fit, hopefully those not up on players for draft can see there still is plenty of talent still available and this is just my list as am sure there might be someone or more might be missing as possibles

I would also add Alec Pierce in there, because he's white and Jordy Nelson is also white and the lizard part of my brain tells me that's meaningful and that Pierce will be the same player.

So we didn't get the shiny Jaguar sports car so we're screwed? No chicken little the sky isn't falling yet.

If course the shiny red sports car is a want. But what would you rather have, a Jaguar that might be high maintenance, (analogy for players coming off injuries) or two high end Honda or Toyotas that still have acceleration and dependable? (Again analogy for solid route runners with hands and dependable and fight for the ball)

James Jones and Bucky Brooks called it that we wouldn't draft WR in Rd 1. Both are former Packers btw and Brooks has been a scout.

Jones had his 3 top WRs as London, Skyy More, and Pickens. Most real talent evaluators have Skyy as best WR in this class but being 5-10 is why he didn't break into Rd 1.He draws comparison to Cobb and had him rated over Dotson.

I think it's safe to assume that these WRs will be off the board by 53: Pickens, Pierce (Bears like him at 39), Moore, and Watson (who I like).

But as title says no panic time. In addition to guys mentioned above here is my realistic list of WRs think would be fits for GB....

Erik Ezukanma 6-2 210 4.5 Texas Tech: Big strong WR that makes tough catches, good hands and route runner, a chain mover with first round talent.

Very accomplished WR and also Returner with high football IQ. Like Erik above can play both WR positions with good hands, can run route tree and good at YAC. Would be one heck of a one-two punch if we had both of these players.

Jalen Tolbert 6-1 194 4.4 South Alabama: regretfully don't know much about him, however have heard his name mentioned as a possible to Pack by James Jones and another.

Regardless who Gutey takes for the fit, hopefully those not up on players for draft can see there still is plenty of talent still available and this is just my list as am sure there might be someone or more might be missing as possibles
Yeah don't know what's up with James havign Thorton to GB saw in lot of mocks he's a day 3 pick

I would also add Alec Pierce in there, because he's white and Jordy Nelson is also white and the lizard part of my brain tells me that's meaningful and that Pierce will be the same player.
If GB drafts a white WR with speed they will need to go find some tissues so not to make a mess of things.

Skyy Moore as the best WR in the draft is comical….sorry

Pickens is a big no no...Remember I have seen him live. I get all the UGA coverage and then some being 20 minutes away. He's going to make someone cry down the Road.

Sky Moore isn't as good as A.Rodgers in the slot whom we took last year.

Best available for ML offense(it's not a WC offense) Tolbert and Pierce IMHO.

Psst David Bell would only run a 4.6 with his pants on fire....Slooooow

Jones had his 3 top WRs as London, Skyy More, and Pickens.
Safe to say the NFL talent guys didn't see it this way on the last two. Still, it shows there are still solid options available in Rd 2, though I suspect the Packers may need to do a little maneuvering to get one of them.

Okay a little follow up needed I see.

At start of thread said guys who should be gone. As for other players named said imo talent wise not from maybe what Big Boards out there are saying.

If there is one thing Thompson showed us over the years, other people's big boards and projected rounds meant nothing to him if in other's opinions he took a guy early or not, he took them where he wanted and by his board. Gutey learned under TT so no reason to think he won't do the same thing.

I did like Pierce. He was only WR who caught well in the rain day practice along w his other traits. However much smoke out there that Bears are high on him for pick 39... we'll see.

Btw the guy I really want still of who is left is Watson. I get almost same feeling on him that had on Kupp years ago.

Pickens is scary. Injuries aside has that feeling he could be that boom/bust type of player.

Last edited:
Midnight tonight and this is how it plays out - how do we feel?

1651254128627.png

Never heard of Shakir so can't say anything on him.

Back