Draft Warm Up: Wildest Draft of All?

Terranimal

Reaction score
3 nights away from the draft as of this writing and it is shaping up to follow the wildest off season with maybe the wildest draft ever.

Without any true Superstars, this might be the deepest draft for red chip or star players at certain positions.

O-Line, D-Line, Edge/Pass Rushers, WR, Corner are deep. A good share of RBs also and while most networks have been going over the same possible round one players, there are plenty of players that can help a team possibly through Rd 7 this year as players slip through. All thanks to the covid year, it's almost like a double deep draft year.

Q- I have been doing either NFL or Packer or both mocks and drafts for over 25 years, but this year there is a first. Know what that is?

For the first time in my life of following or doing drafts, this is the first time that any legit person that does mocks, including me all agree on one thing: Take the billions of mocks out there and throw them out the window this year.

Have heard that at least 3 team GMs have called this draft a crapshoot. So there is no such thing as a draft guru this year.

Final Draft Thoughts follows this up hopefully Tuesday w a round up of the players that have been mentioned as possible Packer Picks, and other Packer stuff.

Now as for the NFL and the draft, starting w Jax, they have 4 players targeted and say they haven't decided yet.

What does seem to be concesus is that there are 4 top pass rushers, 3 top OTs, 2 Corners and one Safety and a debate on which is the top WR out of 3 for the first 10 picks.

Jax wants to trade down but so far no one has called to trade up. Car is without their 2nd and 3rd Rd picks and would like to trade down, as would NY Giants like to trade down out of one of their picks.

The problem is takes two to trade and without an elite QB in draft and being deep at positions the ratings aren't far off to warrant trading up.

After top 10, in the teens is where the expected run on DL and WRs is projected, but like said in beginning no one knows for sure.

QBs seems ratings and so on have come back to Earth. If Car doesn't take one, there might not be one taken until Pittsburgh. What is expected or the thought is teams that need a QB will try to trade back into bottom of Rd 1 to get that 5th year option.

Now for the interesting monkey wrench.... Deebo. Yes 9ers saying no way for trading him yet it is still possible this gets done before the draft. Team like the Jets has both money and capital to pull it off. If they do then both the Pack and KC odds of landing one of the top 5 WRs doubles.

I predict the opposite to happen, after much hype the draft will be somewhat boring overall. The talent this yr is very overrated outside of some speed at WR and a handful of defenders they are just a meh bunch.tc(

Watch GB take a OL at 22 then trade out of the 1st round at 28. LOL

Though that would be fun to sit back and watch fans meltdown and lose their minds.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Packers traded one of their first rounders for what would probably be a better first rounder in 2023, along with a 3rd. That 3rd would be this year.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Packers traded one of their first rounders for what would probably be a better first rounder in 2023, along with a 3rd. That 3rd would be this year.
Thing is the 5th year is not used very much by teams picking late in 1st round. Plus lack of good QBs this year I think will be hard to find a team wanting to move up.

Well was a wild draft as was predicted to take a billion mocks and tear them up. I think there was a record number of trades this year not sure. But predictions went out the window depending on whose mock either from first pick or else pick 3 in round one and went crazy from there.

What was boring was all the fill in crap of different thing on Friday and Saturday slowing the draft down when all fans wanted was to know who their team picked

Well was a wild draft as was predicted to take a billion mocks and tear them up. I think there was a record number of trades this year not sure. But predictions went out the window depending on whose mock either from first pick or else pick 3 in round one and went crazy from there.

What was boring was all the fill in crap of different thing on Friday and Saturday slowing the draft down when all fans wanted was to know who their team picked
I believe record number of trades and WR taken in round 1..

This would have been a lot more fun without the filler I agree. Took wwwwwaaayyyyy too long...

Shows you low little value RB has that one did not go round one and how much value WR is now as teams are more willing to trade the WR's who are due big contracts and want to take a chance on a rookie who is cheap.

Back