Favre vs Rodgers Stats First 7 years

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Favre has 6 more games then Rodgers and 4 more wins but their stats are pretty even accept for the INT's Rodgers has about 1,500 more yards and 12 more TD's but Rodgers has 60 less INT's.

FS_7PM_NFL_071815_Favre-Rodgers_1st_7_seasons_1437253300394.jpg

Not going there to be honest. Two QB with different team in different eras. Very lucky to have back to back epic starters.

yeah, if we're going to play that game,

bart starr
w-l 43-24-1
pass yds 11,405
td 64
int 72

yeah, if we're going to play that game,

bart starr
w-l 43-24-1
pass yds 11,405
td 64
int 72
To be fair while Rodgers is in a more passing age then Favre was both were allowed to pass. The Packers game was 90% run with Starr. Lombardi had him as his game manager.

All this graph shows is both QBs are great. ch(

Even tho both are great their playing styles are very different. Brett was a true gunslinger who didn't have the greatest mechanics and trusted his arm too much at times and it sometimes got him into trouble. Aaron is a surgeon. He is ruthlessly efficient and will slice and dice a defense better than anybody I've ever seen. He is the entire package with his arm, legs and brain. His aversion to turning the ball over can get him into trouble by taking too many hits and sacks exposing him to injury. He isn't built like Brett who looks more like a LB than a QB. Nobody was tougher than Brett who really took a brutal beating in his day. I'd wager if he were playing with today's concussion protocols his consecutive starting streak wouldn't be what is is today.

Bart Starr was not "a Game Manager" you don't give the first two SB MVPS and HOF induction to a game manager. Which is why these conversations don't makes sense. Favre also had great running backs. Green didn't break Taylor's rushing records by not getting the ball.
Your going to have 4 HOF QBS be happy with that

Last edited:
Favre is also responsible for the resurgence of the Packers. Without him no Lambeau renovations you have a warehouse looking Stadium on a hill and 50 years of losing, no time for Rodgers to lean to be a QB. SO LET'S keep some perspective. Keep in mind when stocks sales happened right after SB wins

Last edited:
Jesus you guys act like I am Favre bashing because I posted this.

Jesus you guys act like I am Favre bashing because I posted this.
Nah, just hard to compare from different eras, situations can't compare 1992 to 2010 different NFLs.
The passing stats are interesting. Brett and AR bring different things to the table. Butler said Brett make the pass, we have the number one defense we will get the ball back. ARs defenses have kinda sucked, he can't make risky throws not that he would.
We just have two Greats back to back

Last edited:
To be fair while Rodgers is in a more passing age then Favre was both were allowed to pass. The Packers game was 90% run with Starr. Lombardi had him as his game manager.

Not even close. Download the Packers' Media Guide and check it out. In '60, they ran well more than pass. After that, it was almost dead even, until about '65, when passing was dominant. If you wish, tell me the specifics you're looking for, and I'll compile those - just didn't want to waste time barking up the wrong tree.

Back