First round OT

I blame Gutes dog. He puts names in a bunch of squares and whatever square Gutes dog does his business on is who he picks
Hey!
There’s a lot of fund raising raffles that raise money doing that, only difference is they typically use beef cattle.
Truth!

Hey!
There’s a lot of fund raising raffles that raise money doing that, only difference is they typically use beef cattle.
Truth!
Yeah have been to Breakfast on the Farm that has done this.

Reactions: TW
I still pay attention to mocks, at least reputable ones with some history, because they often give a clue as to where the talent "levels" are. I don't pay attention to specifics for the teams so much as the consistency of where guys land. If the first 15 spots always seem to have the same guys that kinda tells me that group is being looked at pretty consistently as value there. If things really start to fall apart after that it kinda tells you where the elite(ish) talent starts to fall off.

Those mocks, big boards, and the draft itself have also shown me that nobody knows how things will fall. There are no sure bets. I almost never comment on a mock where I firmly rule a player out at a certain point unless it's just completely out of range. Those multi-round mocks and the real draft tell you it only takes one team or a certain overall perception of a player to move a guy by a round or two (or more) once you get past a certain point in Rd 1.

I still pay attention to mocks, at least reputable ones with some history, because they often give a clue as to where the talent "levels" are. I don't pay attention to specifics for the teams so much as the consistency of where guys land. If the first 15 spots always seem to have the same guys that kinda tells me that group is being looked at pretty consistently as value there. If things really start to fall apart after that it kinda tells you where the elite(ish) talent starts to fall off.

Those mocks, big boards, and the draft itself have also shown me that nobody knows how things will fall. There are no sure bets. I almost never comment on a mock where I firmly rule a player out at a certain point unless it's just completely out of range. Those multi-round mocks and the real draft tell you it only takes one team or a certain overall perception of a player to move a guy by a round or two (or more) once you get past a certain point in Rd 1.
Case in point.
Mike Mamula drafted 1st round by the Eagles

there's also a disconnect between many of these sites' big boards and their mock drafts on the same site.

Back