First round OT

Walters was just an example.
The Draft Network, Our Lads, Fantasy Pros, PFF, Draftwire, etc etc etc
A ton of sites, just pick the ones that you feel comfy with for info, but form your own informed conclusions thumbsup
It's too bad the really good ones are gone due to ppl passing away years ago.

This year is different from any other by not having the combine.

And after last year's draft it almost impossible to figure out what Gutey will do.

Also a lot of the draft sites/mocks are just the sheep going along with the stupid narrative oh Rodgers needs weapons you need to draft a first round WR.

No you don't need to draft a WR round 1. You need to fix the defense that has issues all over the place before getting a #2 WR.

Also a lot of the draft sites/mocks are just the sheep going along with the stupid narrative oh Rodgers needs weapons you need to draft a first round WR.

No you don't need to draft a WR round 1. You need to fix the defense that has issues all over the place before getting a #2 WR.
I honestly don’t take much stock if any at all in mocks. It’s become a cottage industry where so many if not the vast majority have only seen film on kids in P5 conferences only because that’s what they see on ESPN & FOX. Do they watch All 22 film ? Highly doubtful. So basically they match name with perceived team need and presto here is the mock.

I don't have any problem with taking an OT in Rd1 if he's not a reach. It's a high value position and also fills a need. Not sure who that guy would be at this point. I'm assuming Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw are gone before #29. I don't really see most of the OTs that show up in mocks at that point as really great value.

Early on I was seeing Leatherwood around there, but now things seem to have cooled on him a bit. He's got questions as to whether he can play OT or needs to be moved to OG. Most of the guys being discussed seem like better value in Rd 2. Might make sense if they trade down out of Rd 1 or trade up in Rd 2. If they trade into the top half of Rd 2 there's a good chance one of the guys I like could be there like Jenkins, Mayfield, Radunz, or Leatherwood. Radunz would be my favorite at that spot.

I honestly don’t take much stock if any at all in mocks. It’s become a cottage industry where so many if not the vast majority have only seen film on kids in P5 conferences only because that’s what they see on ESPN & FOX. Do they watch All 22 film ? Highly doubtful. So basically they match name with perceived team need and presto here is the mock.
I don’t even look at mocks any more. I prefer to look at big board rankings and then build my own rankings based on info that I’m gathering

I don't have any problem with taking an OT in Rd1 if he's not a reach. It's a high value position and also fills a need. Not sure who that guy would be at this point. I'm assuming Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw are gone before #29. I don't really see most of the OTs that show up in mocks at that point as really great value.

Early on I was seeing Leatherwood around there, but now things seem to have cooled on him a bit. He's got questions as to whether he can play OT or needs to be moved to OG. Most of the guys being discussed seem like better value in Rd 2. Might make sense if they trade down out of Rd 1 or trade up in Rd 2. If they trade into the top half of Rd 2 there's a good chance one of the guys I like could be there like Jenkins, Mayfield, Radunz, or Leatherwood. Radunz would be my favorite at that spot.
Trading down about 10-12 spots from #29 would be the ideal sweet spot to get one of those OT’s. It would also mean picking up an additional 4th round pick, and if the are lucky they might squeeze it into a 3rd round pick

Trading down about 10-12 spots from #29 would be the ideal sweet spot to get one of those OT’s. It would also mean picking up an additional 4th round pick, and if the are lucky they might squeeze it into a 3rd round pick
I don't like the idea of trading out of the first round unless it turns into an additional first the next year in addition to an early second in current draft like Pats used to do.

This team needs impact players and by trading down seems you end up passing over someone that could help improve your team

I don't like the idea of trading out of the first round unless it turns into an additional first the next year in addition to an early second in current draft like Pats used to do.

This team needs impact players and by trading down seems you end up passing over someone that could help improve your team
You don't find impact guys to often where the Packers pick in late 1st round. Will you find solid starters sure? But impact guys are usually long gone before then.

It depends on the talent pool in those ranges.
If the talent at #39 is about the same quality as at #29 it could be a savvy move because you can pick up an extra pick in the process.
The more picks you have in the top 4 rounds, the better your chances of finding players who can contribute early in their career

Back