Granato remaining as Men's Hockey HC

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Well there it is

I mean, I guess we can see what he can do. He's got an assistant spot to fill, and the incoming class isn't awful (but that's one of the rubs, none of the recruiting classes outside his first one have been as bad as they've played together), and there really isn't anyone else out there right now.

It's probably a money thing (buyout is pretty big), but if the fans don't show up and the KC is at 50% capacity again after the Christmas break then even with another year left I am not sure you can keep him around.

Well there it is

I mean, I guess we can see what he can do. He's got an assistant spot to fill, and the incoming class isn't awful (but that's one of the rubs, none of the recruiting classes outside his first one have been as bad as they've played together), and there really isn't anyone else out there right now.

It's probably a money thing (buyout is pretty big), but if the fans don't show up and the KC is at 50% capacity again after the Christmas break then even with another year left I am not sure you can keep him around.

Hopefully the board won’t give him the automatic 1 year extension. Yeah the buyout is problematic

It's all about how big the check would be if they dumped him. He's got one more year, and they decide to bite the bullet.

Tony Granato “ Buyout" is $1,000,000 if UW terminates without cause at any time up to and including 6/30/23; $1,330,000 from 7/1/23 up to and including 6/30/24

Back