How Nelson injury could affect Packers

Aaron will just have to find a way to spread the ball to everyone and anyone, like Favre had to do for most of his career.

Seriously? Aaron spreads the ball around just fine, maybe the best I've ever seen at it! I'm also pretty sure Favre did have some fine WRs in his career, which started with one of the best in Sharpe. So please, let's stop with the revisionist history.

ARod will spread the ball around, NO DOUBT. This reminds me of the last time we won the SB. MM was styling an offense around a dynamic young TE (Finley) until he went down with a season ending injury. The offense struggled for a while, but found its stride by making necessary adjustments and won the whole damn thing!

We lost our best WR, but we still have talent at the position. It's not on any players to do better, it's on MM to morph the team into a new stride. It's not like we lost the best QB in the league and as long as ARod is healthy we are in this thing! IMO.

Seriously? Aaron spreads the ball around just fine, maybe the best I've ever seen at it! I'm also pretty sure Favre did have some fine WRs in his career, which started with one of the best in Sharpe. So please, let's stop with the revisionist history.

ARod will spread the ball around, NO DOUBT. This reminds me of the last time we won the SB. MM was styling an offense around a dynamic young TE (Finley) until he went down with a season ending injury. The offense struggled for a while, but found its stride by making necessary adjustments and won the whole damn thing!

We lost our best WR, but we still have talent at the position. It's not on any players to do better, it's on MM to morph the team into a new stride. It's not like we lost the best QB in the league and as long as ARod is healthy we are in this thing! IMO.

Not to burst your bubble but it's not fair to compare this team to a SB team. They need to grow and feed off each other first. I would hope GB gets some OL depth because Rodgers was banged up on that sack in the end zone and Tolzien got a concussion yesterday. Your not winning anything with Hundley at QB.

Rodgers has to gain some trust in guys like Montgomery and Janis and before we all get in that discussion be realistic and understand there will be some bumpy rides and ugly games between Rodgers and his new WR.

I am guessing but GB will now rely heavy on the run game to set up the pass until the other receivers gel with Rodgers. Thank you TT for drafting Lacy.

Nothing you mention 'bursts my bubble'. This team has/had higher expectations then the year we won it! I was comparing the fact that we lost a prominent piece of our offense that year. We struggled for a while, then made adjustments and got on a roll. I don't agree that the loss of one WR (even though he was arguably our best one) derails our chances at another SB run. Losing Lacy or ARod would have been way worse.

After last years near miss debacle in Seattle don't we have an expectation of continued success? We aren't going to turn into a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense with the reigning MVP at QB!

Jordy Nelson has 18 career TDs of 40+ yards, but 7 of them - close to 40% - came just last year. So while he is a tremendous big play, highlight reel threat, odds are that those numbers would have come down this year as last year was more of an exception, not the rule. ...

aaron rodgers' passer rating on throws intended for jordy nelson has been 150.2, 130.3, 111.6 and 128.2 over the past four seasons

Back