Hundley's Trade Value

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Saw a radio station asking this on twitter....A team calls asking for a trade on Brett Hundley. What's your asking price.

Realistically I want a 3rd round pick and consider it a good days work flipping a 5th for a 3rd.

Thoughts ?

I'd ask for a second and hope he puts some good tape out there this preseason. Would be happy with a 3rd, settle for a 4th.

There seems to be a large number of QBs out there, who have chances at starting gigs, that aren't nearly as productive as Hundley appears to be. That said, what is his real value? Teams are reluctant to pull the trigger on trades that means giving up a draft pick that could produce a seriously decent player, the following year.

I believe, the way you package someone like Hundley is to find a trading partner who has a top 10 pick, and give them Hundley and our 2nd round pick for their 2nd and 4th round picks. That would be fair compensation.

It would lessen the blow for the other team, and at the same time, be every effective for the Packers in getting additional quality players in next year's draft.

The key is what will TT settle for ? A 3rd is great value for a 5th round pick but I would bet that TT wants a 2nd. If not I think he would already be gone. sh))
Agree and he maybe greedy enough to seek an extra pick besides that. Good to see you Jaymo. Welcome back !

A third seems about right. Hopefully Hundley puts up some numbers in pre-season to make a trade viable. I also like TWs idea about a trade. Give the other team something in the draft to even it out. Rebuilding teams like to keep their picks. Trade Hundley and maybe swap picks in Rd2 and 3 or something like that. The Packers need some quality not quantity at this point. Now, if you do a deal like that you probably need to wait until after the season so you truly know what you are getting with a swap in the same round.

package him and cobb for a 2nd and a 5th.
Like this idea a lot. Two teams jump out right now for that deal- Jets and Ravens.
All of this is moot until Hundley gets some tape to study. Last year was very unfortunate for Hundley AND the Pack. Missing almost all of preseason was a killer. MM has a good reputation for QB development (CBA took away his QB clinic) and Hundley seems to have improved by leaps and bounds. IF he shines this preseason look for TT to make a signature farewell deal.
One caveat- this is a tough year in recent history to try to deal a QB, the rookie crop is fairly deep. The upside to Hundley is, hopefully, development stage is over and he's ready to go.

Back