Instant Reaction: Badgers Escape with Win

The Good.-
  • Ford was again aggressive on the boards and his shot was pure. He is the one guy who needs to be consistent from 3 to open up the lane and create kick-outs
  • Davison was clutch from 3, hope this carries over
  • 95% from the line
The Bad
  • Purdue with 10 offensive rebounds, not acceptable with Reuvers and Potter down low
  • Potter continues to be inconsistent. Not just on offense but he just does move his feet well on defense
  • Wahl has hit a wall. Love the kids game and but he needs a off season in the weight room. we basically played 7 deep and thats an issue
  • Pritzl needs to find his shot and be more consistent. Best pure shooter on the team
  • Really like the way Trice has played the point the last month or so but last night was not his best performance.
  • Reuvers , Trice , Potter Pritzl 8-30 from 2....Potter, Reuvers, Trice, Pritzl 4-18 from 3 enough said
The Ugly
  • The student section. I know its midterms but that was a pathetic turnout and the building lacked energy
Considering we shot 38%, got beat on the boards and had poor performances from anyone not named Ford its a miracle we won last night. That said tied for 3rd, 3 of next 5 at home, Indiana and Michigan are on the road, this team is in a good position to improve its seed both B1G tourney and NCAA

offensive rebounds are one of purdue's strengths. they're #2 in the b1g in offensive rebounds.
And with 2 guys leading the way at 6-7 and 6-9 , UW has 2 guys 6-11. Get a body and block out.

I figured a 5-10 point win for the Badgers. Close enough. I'm enjoying seeing several guys step up and take a shot at the brass ring. It's nice realizing there's a variety of talent on this team, and it could just bust loose and do something special.

Not saying they're a team that can go far in the tourney, just saying that they have a lot of firepower returning next year, and could be a top 4 in the Big 10, and that - to me - is pretty darned good.

Back