LA FLEUR ON RODGERS

I wanna know where my heart emojis went

We don't need no stinking heart emojis. We got emojis for men who can shave with a sharpened river rock, not someone who needs to use a pre shave and a delicate razor so they don't "chafe." Geez! Don't you go commando during the winter like the rest of us neanderthals!

We don't need no stinking heart emojis. We got emojis for men who can shave with a sharpened river rock, not someone who needs to use a pre shave and a delicate razor so they don't "chafe." Geez! Don't you go commando during the winter like the rest of us neanderthals!

Listen my Texas friend, I want to talk about our new QB like he signs his name. I want to, I want to. Phhhhtwt!

Eev4Q0PXYAMfHT9

Everyone brings up they were a game away from the Super Bowl. This team was not a game away from a Super Bowl team. They got breaks last year ball bounced their way some games. I see it as the team knows they are not as good as the were last year and are still going with their plan to build this team as last year was a fluke and build it for the future.

Everyone brings up they were a game away from the Super Bowl. This team was not a game away from a Super Bowl team. They got breaks last year ball bounced their way some games. I see it as the team knows they are not as good as the were last year and are still going with their plan to build this team as last year was a fluke and build it for the future.
every team gets breaks. that's total b.s. the fact remains that they were one game away from the super bowl. there are 28 other teams that can't say that. the game against the 49ers was a case of all the breaks going the other way imho. if they play that game ten times, i believe the packers win at least three. it was a very bad match-up. from a coaching perspective, you had the master against the student. from an offensive perspective you had a team with only one good wr against a very strong defense. from a defensive perspective you had a team that was not good at defending the run vs a rb playing the best game of his career.

would we have beaten the chefs? probably not. but the packers played a 13-3 season with an offense that was completely new to them, and a truly lackluster receiving corps. there was no reason to believe that they couldn't be better this year if they had used the draft to add weapons for this year's offense. how long has it been since we used the high draft picks to strengthen the offense? it has been defense, defense, defense - and the picks have (generally) not worked out. that's how you end up with seven wide receivers - six of whom would not start for any other team.

i agree 100% with jay glazer. when you're one game away from the super bowl, you don't use the draft to add players that won't even see the field for a couple years.

To a certain extent they did add offensive weapons for this years offense. Dillon and Deguara can have as much, and maybe more of an impact this year as drafting a WR would have done.
RB’s, typically, can have an impact right away on an offense, and I’m not trying to disrespect Aaron Jones, but I think Dillon will get his fair share of PT. As for Deguara, they will likely use him more in an H-back role that could give him an opportunity to make plays.

Factor in a year 2 jump for Sternberger, and (IMO) they’ve added offensive firepower that better fits what ML wants to do rather than drafting a WR at #30 who would have had to find a way to earn #12’s confidence which would be nearly impossible in this Covid influenced season.

The organization thought we were more than 1 WR away and in some ways the SF game showed that. We are weak at DL sans Clark, there is little talent at ILB, depth at OL is questionable, have no idea what we have at TE and the obvious is WR. Did they want a WR? Yes but they mismanaged the board in 2 ways. #1 they got spooked Love was not going to be there. You don’t move up for any other reason. #2 they thought a WR would drop. That in many ways is almost as troubling as trading up.

My issues are more this staff / front office grossly failed in draft evaluation and board management. You manage the board right you save your 3rd in the Love trade and if you needed that asset to move up for a WR in the 2nd so be it.

I would also add that while 2019 seemed like we had a lot of good luck - there have been plenty of years where we've had bad luck, primarily with injuries. Did something change last year with strength and conditioning that helped us in that area?
Also, last year, we had a few games where we had a good lead, but then the defense let up and made the games close - only to make a big play at the end of the game to save the victory.
I'm still more worried about our run defense than our offense.

You manage the board right you save your 3rd in the Love trade and if you needed that asset to move up for a WR in the 2nd so be it.

you've said this a couple of times now and i don't mean to be nitpicking, but the packers traded their 4th round pick to move up in the first. not their 3rd.

Back