Looking for playmakers

TW

Reaction score
I keep reading about how the Packers are looking for one or two more play makers on offense. Of course that means taking heat off the passing duo of Rodgers to Adams. They need a second, and a third receiver, who can, and will, make plays when he gets the right one on one match up. They keep looking.

When you run the same three guys out there as receivers, play after play, you get what you get. It's pretty difficult for anyone else to step up and become that second "go-to guy." Obviously, no matter what anyone thinks, Graham talks a better game than he plays. He's been a special disappointment in my mind, considering he was supposed to come in last year and shore up a position that was considered weak. He hasn't become an upgrade.

So, is it Scantling? Is it Allison? Both are getting ample field time, and neither is really delivering. As I've stated before, they're two of the worst when it comes to becoming spectators on plays when their number isn't called. I have zero faith in either one, and if they can't work off the ball, they are of no value to the team in the long haul.

It's time that the Packers give Davis and Kumerow a shot at moving up. At least it would put pressure on the other two. We've seen them make plays in the past, and obviously do have some skills or they wouldn't be there.

I've never understood how coaches could say they're looking for someone to step up, then not give guys a chance to step up. It just doesn't make sense.

I remember the careers of both Driver and Nelson, and remember that they were caught behind guys, but those guys could make plays. A lot of people believed both were worthless, because they didn't get their shots. When it finally happened, they were pretty darned good.

It's time for the Packers to spread the love around at WR to find out what these guys really have.

I think the organization knows what they have at WR. Driver as a 7th round pick was an outlier but Nelson was a 2nd round pick. What we have now is low round picks and UDFA’s. Pre season is night and day in what these guys see in regular season, disguised coverage, top line secondary. It’s going to be another draft or 2 to fix

i would like to know how many snaps each of our receivers have played. anyone know where i can find that information?

i would like to know how many snaps each of our receivers have played. anyone know where i can find that information?
Football Outsiders. Adams 133 MVS 107 Allison 66 Davis 23 Kumerow 7

so 7 total snaps for the guy that rodgers was raving about in training camp. 6 of those came in week 2. i bet if we looked at receiving yards per snap, we might find something interesting.

This is what happens when you spend a decade trying to fix the defense and failing like TT did. And I know very early returns but it seems to me that Gute has done in 2 off-seasons what TT failed to do from 2011-2017, and that is at least put the D on solid ground where you don't need to throw ALL of your draft and financial capital at it.

So going forward, Sternberger is a nice move TE prospect for next year, like Finley was. But at WR the cupboards are pretty bare. MVS is a nice player for the 5th round but there's a reason he was a 5th rounder. He may be fast but he's not twitchy or particularly explosive. Sure he can still develop but there's a ceiling on him. Maybe Shep gets more of a look as the season goes on because he seems like at least a scheme fit. That's not to mention a true Y TE (if it's not Tonyan) and at least another RB (which maybe you can find on the market each year). The O still needs to be built to suit ML's scheme, and like Packinatl said, that's at least another draft to get it on solid footing.

so 7 total snaps for the guy that rodgers was raving about in training camp. 6 of those came in week 2. i bet if we looked at receiving yards per snap, we might find something interesting.

Kumerow 12 yds receiving, Davis 28, Allison 25, MVS 71, Adams 142

Fans need to accept Kumerow is nothing special never has been never will be to many people fell in love with him in last pre-season and thought he should be given a #2 starting job. Fact is took him 5 years to make a team he's a career 4/5 guy at best. Outside of maybe MVS I don't think any of these guys can move maybe beyond a WR3.

Fans need to accept Kumerow is nothing special never has been never will be to many people fell in love with him in last pre-season and thought he should be given a #2 starting job. Fact is took him 5 years to make a team he's a career 4/5 guy at best. Outside of maybe MVS I don't think any of these guys can move maybe beyond a WR3.
I was hoping St. Brown was going to develop also. He was a very smooth athlete.
Keeping my eye on Laviska Shenault Jr. from Colorado.

Back