Looking for playmakers

Well Capers did not draft those defenses. Thompson did. Look at how many misses he had. Since the SB win...Perry, Worthy, D Jones, Dix, Thornton.

Perry and Worthy were drafted in 2012. 1st and 2nd round misses. 2013 1st round miss on Jones. Sorry as many faults as Capers had Thompson was pathetic building that defense

I don't believe Thompson drafted players in a vacuum without input from his coaches. I believe Capers had to be involved with ranking players; therefore, involved with the choices to fit into his system. Regardless, even if they were horrible picks, Capers wasn't able to get them to bad.

I would have rather had a lot of different things happen. Especially the last few years. Hopefully, it is all changing.

This is true but MM/DC had a lot of input into the type of players they took... most of which were square pegs into round hole types. Honestly the combination of TT and Capers was ill advised and MM let it go on 3 years too long.
Agreed

I don't believe Thompson drafted players in a vacuum without input from his coaches. I believe Capers had to be involved with ranking players; therefore, involved with the choices to fit into his system. Regardless, even if they were horrible picks, Capers wasn't able to get them to bad.

I would have rather had a lot of different things happen. Especially the last few years. Hopefully, it is all changing.
Ultimately its the decision of the GM. I get the input thing. Then don’t blame the DC if you feel that way blame the HC. Capers had faults. But damn he was given crap to develop

It's becoming clear that they need to start making some investments on offense starting next off-season.

They have numbers at WR but not much quality. It was discussed in several threads since last season ended. What they have is a bunch of guys . . . guys who have done little to nothing in the NFL. They hoped that one of them would develop but so far they are still just guys.

At TE Graham is done IMO and won't be back. Tonyan is another guy who's still a work in progress. Hopefully he'll get some more snaps as the season moves along. Let's hope we get to see some of Sternberger later this year. Either way, we'll need another one in the off-season.

RB is just OK. Jones is good and can be a true #1 back if he can stay healthy. JWilliams is a nice #3 type guy. They need a #2. Not sure if DWilliams is that guy.

Then there's the OL . . . a whole other thread could be started on that.

Ultimately its the decision of the GM. I get the input thing. Then don’t blame the DC if you feel that way blame the HC. Capers had faults. But damn he was given crap to develop
True for the most part. You need to remember Hyde and Hayward went on to be pro bowlers. There were other guys who still play somewhere. It just seemed that everything went to crap those last couple years. Capers historical record always read: early success and then the long slide down. Everywhere he went.

True for the most part. You need to remember Hyde and Hayward went on to be pro bowlers. There were other guys who still play somewhere. It just seemed that everything went to crap those last couple years. Capers historical record always read: early success and then the long slide down. Everywhere he went.
True but 2 of the busts/misses were round 1 picks and one was a 2nd round pick....you can't miss on those, you just compound the problem reaching to fill the need

Any WR drafted is two years away. If we're trying to win now with Aaron, we need to make a trade or sign Antonio Brown. Maybe MVS starts getting open, but I haven't seen that a lot so far.

Any WR drafted is two years away. If we're trying to win now with Aaron, we need to make a trade or sign Antonio Brown. Maybe MVS starts getting open, but I haven't seen that a lot so far.
If you grab one in rounds 1 or 2 your okay but 6th round WR are not going to develop into playmakers 9 out of 10 times.

If you grab one in rounds 1 or 2 your okay but 6th round WR are not going to develop into playmakers 9 out of 10 times.
Takes a year for those guys to develop.

Thought Trevor Davis finally learned to play from scrimmage. Guess it's on MVS.

Brown is ass cancer you don't want ass cancer

Back