Love Boat Thread

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Straight talk, once upon a time GB took a rookie QB with some funky mechanics that played in a bastard offense whose previous draft picks had all failed. I drank that kool-aid like a dumbass and really didn't give the kid a chance. He's thrown for 53,139 yards and 429 TD.

So straight up, I am NOT anointing Love as the next Rodgers but I am going to give him several full games before I personally go ape on the kid, we all knew( or I thought we knew) when he was drafted he came from a simplified spread O vs some meh opponents... acting surprised he would struggle game 1 is kind of silly. I still stand he was NOT a round 1 pick but that's all semantics anymore.

So Love him or hate him ( pun intended) let's start putting our Love talk here.

Last edited:
Straight talk, once upon a time GB took a rookie QB with some funky mechanics that played in a bastard offense whose previous draft picks had all failed. I drank that kool-aid like a dumbass and really didn't give the kid a chance. He's thrown for 53,139 yards and 429 TD.

So straight up, I am NOT anointing Love as the next Rodgers but I am going to give him several full games before I personally go ape on the kid, we all knew( or I thought we knew) when he was drafted he came from a simplified spread O vs some meh opponents... acting surprised he would struggle game 1 is kind of silly. I still stand he was NOT a number 1 pick but that's all semantics anymore.

So Love him or hate him ( pun intended) let's start putting our Love talk here.
Amen Brother Mark! Amen! None of us can judge him on the small body of work we've seen to this point. Especially those of us who don't see him day in and day out in practice. He could be a heartbeat away from 51,000 yards, or a heartbeat away from being a dud. It's gonna take time.

In the meantime, ride the waves in the Love boat. Hopefully it won't be torpedoed. Just keep a life-jacket on!

2020 was a lost year for this kid.
No rookie mini-camp
No OTA’s
No pre-season games.
Inactive for the ENTIRE season.

This year is, by all counts, his rookie season, but there are loud voices out there that seem to expect him to be playing like a 4th year veteran.

Give the kid some time to either prove or disprove himself as an NFL QB.

Personally, I’m not setting his bar at a BF or AR level. I just want him to be able to run ML’s offense efficiently/effectively and let Gute & ML build the right supporting cast around him.

So straight up, I am NOT anointing Love as the next Rodgers but I am going to give him several full games before I personally go ape on the kid, we all knew( or I thought we knew) when he was drafted he came from a simplified spread O vs some meh opponents... acting surprised he would struggle game 1 is kind of silly. I still stand he was NOT a number 1 pick but that's all semantics anymore.

Bingo!!!

I'm just wondering when the Cpt. Stubing, Isaac or Gopher references start....

No matter what you think of him now or before, I think we should at least acknowledge the Packer way of things. Love is going to start in 2022 and 2023, and that is the window in which he will be judged. They do not trade up and invest in high picks only to cut bait right away unless something truly catastrophic happens. They're not going to give Oren Burks and Jace Sterberger a longer look than Jordan Love. So whatever media morons you read in the coming days and weeks and months, every time you read something by Yankee fan Matt Schneidman or Ryan Wood, who runs out of breath between each word, just keep in mind that they have absolutely no say in the process. TT may be gone but Gute learned from him and he learned from Wolf. Both guys took their QBs and stuck with them through all the BS, there is no chance Gute and ML don't do the same. Draft and develop means draft and develop.

You can have ❤

I get Julie
She’s all yours Keg.

th

Back