Major Gets For UW Class of 2020

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Fantastic 2 days for Gerg Gard and staff. Get commits from 4 star forward Ben Carlson 6-foot-8 and 215 pounds, had scholarship offers from Purdue, Stanford, Iowa State, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State and Northwestern and 3 star 6-10 center Steven Crowl. UW now #7 nationally, clsss rank by Rivals

Krabby recruited both these kids out of Minnesota! He did a bang up job.

Nice job coach Gard!

Assuming it stays together this class will be a foundation for the next 4 years. Six recruits in total - 5 on scholarship and one walk-on who's pretty highly regarded. The only downside is the unbalanced classes. Hopefully a couple of these kids red-shirt and the rest don't. That will balance things out a bit.

Reactions: TW
Nice job coach Gard!

Assuming it stays together this class will be a foundation for the next 4 years. Six recruits in total - 5 on scholarship and one walk-on who's pretty highly regarded. The only downside is the unbalanced classes. Hopefully a couple of these kids red-shirt and the rest don't. That will balance things out a bit.

Excellent point on red shirt. Some of these kids come in still growing, and not as strong as they need to be, to compete. It also extends the talent over a period of time. It also gives the Badgers an opportunity to develop them into the best they can be.

That said, it's too bad they couldn't have kept Brad Davison off the floor for his first year. He did a great job, considering, but I think that an extra year of seasoning could have turned him into an even better player. But, then again, I'm not nearly as sold on Trice as others are. He's not really the guy I want to see taking that last shot most of the time. I'd rather see King and Davison working off the Trice dribble to get open for it, not watch Trice try to put up desperation shots from a double team.

The guy who could have used a redshirt was Reuvers. He was physically not ready his frosh year. The jump he made was similar to the jump Kaminsky made from his sophomore year to his junior year.

Reactions: TW
Back