Mark's Best available Assist Coach's for Head coaching gigs

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Following the same formula that brought me to ML.... my top 4 are:

1. Robert Saleh.... DC Niners, should have been an HC last year he's cut from the same mold as ML except maybe more intense.
Fit >>> Houston or Atlanta both could use his culture change
2. Greg Roman...OC Ravens, a great offensive mind and a guy itching for his shot to run the show, he knows how to get the most out of the players he coaches.
Fit>>> Houston or Detroit ( Maybe Jacksonville?)
3. Brian Daboll...OC Bills, this years ML to most but not if you read the coaching circles. He learned under Saban and Belichick. Solid FB Coach.
Fit>> Lions
4. Eric Bieniemy, Have him @ 4 because I personally think he's overhyped. While he's a good coach I don't think he'll be a good NFL HC. Solid position coach/OC though. He might be the guy that gets the surprise opening otherwise not sure.

Mark, what do you think about Patrick Graham as a DC? Not for HC. He seems to be getting what he can out of the Giants, I wonder if GB should’ve let him run the D instead of keeping Pettine.

Mark, what do you think about Patrick Graham as a DC? Not for HC. He seems to be getting what he can out of the Giants, I wonder if GB should’ve let him run the D instead of keeping Pettine.
I would say no, yes he's doing okay with NY, not so great with the Fins. He's just a meh guy to me. ML needs a dynamic mind at that position who gets everything out of his guys...who that is I am not 100% sure yet.

If Raheem Morris is not given the HC job in ATL GB should give him a look for DC.

Also another guy maybe to hire as DC? Saints secondary coach Aaron Glenn.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with Saleh and Roman... There's probably a few teams who are regretting not grabbing Saleh last year,

Doug Pederson now runs to the top of best available on this list, Jets, Lions, Jags and Texans better darn well be calling his agent tonight. If not they are flat out stupid.
I think Jacksonville would be a great place for Pederson to help develop Lawrence.

Back