McCarthy: So far so good with Montgomery

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's pre-practice press conference Thursday morning:

- (On Montgomery) Definitely cleared a hurdle he hasn't cleared in prior weeks. So far so good. We'll see what he does today.
- (On Richard Rodgers) Be consistent. We've asked a lot from him.
- (On extra practice day) Gives you more time to work on Dallas and also gives you a chance to work on fundamentals. We were able to do that this week.
- (On Cowboys blitz) We spend a lot of time on the blitz. We prefer when people blitz us. We've gone back and dug up pressures from the past. Regardless, we spend the same round of time on blitzes. We think it's a potential big play opportunity for us.
- (On tackles for loss on defense) I think the run defense as far as opportunities we're giving our players is reflected in those numbers. The recognition of formations and the flow of hte ball and what teams are trying to do. I think our anticipation of what the offense is trying to do to us is higher.
- (On third and ones) You have to get a yard. Biggest thing is can't have mental mistakes, free hats, penetration. Good backs like we have are going to get 1 yard.
- (On Sam Shields) He's having an excellent year. Playing with a lot of confidence. He's tackling well. I think he's having his best year.
- (On no cold weather) I'm sure people from Texas like the weather, the forecast.

Continue reading...

Back