McCarthy: Starks will do more today

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's pre-practice press conference Thursday morning:

- (On Starks) Word was he did good yesterday. Plan is to have him do more today. See how pre-practice goes.
- (On young players) Tells you what kind of team we can be. A lot of players probably playing earlier than we thought and they thought. We've been in this mode for 10 years now. Gives these guys a chance to take a step forward and contribute.
- (On road games after bye) We actually broke the season down into three divisions. We looked at it like the hero's journey. Three stages. First six games was the first stage, next six games was the second stage and last four are the third.
- (On Peppers) He's been consistent. Grown as a leader. Done a great job. He's been a good contribution there. Playing good football there. Keep moving him around. He's taken full advantage of it.
- (On Masthay) So far, so good. He's been more consistent. His approach has been more consistent. I think he's off to a heck of a start with his ball placement.
- (On identity) First six games you have to create your identity. This stage you need to galvanize who you are. The first six games was exactly what we needed. Now we play two undefeated teams and division games. This will be a challenging stretch. This is where you have to knock off the edges. That's the things I'm looking at.
- (On Lacy weight impact) No. There's more to it than what someone weighs on the scale. I think Eddie is coming off an ankle injury he has had to deal with the past. I'm going by what I've seen the last couple of days in practice. He looks good.
- (On Montgomery) No expectation now. We'll give him until Saturday.
- (On Abbrederis on KOR) Comfortable with him. Handles ball seemlessly.
- (On Burnett snaps) Something we'll address at the end of the week. Patters and substitutions. Not a position substitute.
- (On Adams snaps) That's a moving target because of the no-huddle. That's not as exact as the others.

Continue reading...

Back