Michah Hyde returns against Packers

TW

Reaction score
Read this article about Hyde, and leaving Green Bay, and I think you'll see just how business oriented and out of touch with players this organization has become. The fact that they'd tell a player's representative that they won't be resigning a player in the midst of a season he's playing in is totally stupid. But, that's what it appears the Packers brain trust sees as "doing business."

I do know that this is about as good a way as you can have of losing the allegiance of everyone on the roster. You need to at least show respect for the person, not treat them like they no longer matter.

Micah Hyde

Read this article about Hyde, and leaving Green Bay, and I think you'll see just how business oriented and out of touch with players this organization has become. The fact that they'd tell a player's representative that they won't be resigning a player in the midst of a season he's playing in is totally stupid. But, that's what it appears the Packers brain trust sees as "doing business."

I do know that this is about as good a way as you can have of losing the allegiance of everyone on the roster. You need to at least show respect for the person, not treat them like they no longer matter.

Micah Hyde

I am not a fan of this front office but I really don't have a problem with it. If his agent approached the team and wanted to talk extension are they supposed to BS the guy and enter into negotiations when the team new full well he was not in their future plans? Most teams have a 2 - 3 year plan when it comes to cap space and just speculating he was not in that plan. Its business

Hyde finished the 2016 season with three interceptions in the final six games, then added another one in the playoffs. His three career punt returns for touchdowns with Green Bay are tied for the Packers’ team record.

the better question is "why wasn't he in their plans?"

Hyde finished the 2016 season with three interceptions in the final six games, then added another one in the playoffs. His three career punt returns for touchdowns with Green Bay are tied for the Packers’ team record.

Capers D he did not fit for what it was worth. Bills he is in better system for player he is.

Capers D he did not fit for what it was worth. Bills he is in better system for player he is.
That's a load of crap same as the other two that left and became outstanding players. Our DB coaches were/are plain crap and the HC didn't have the balls to overrule them or the DC. Incompetence from the front office down to the ball boys.

Well it might also be that he was asking for much more than the organization thought he was worth. The problem with that article is it was very vague as to when that conversation happened and what that conversation was. Very one sided so in many ways I take it with a grain of salt

To be honest I was not upset to lose Hyde as I never saw him as a play maker here. Losing Hayward was worse

just to be clear, i agree that losing hayward was worse. but both players should have been kept. we had a good safety who could play corner in a pinch and a really good corner and we let them both walk away.

I kind of get the impression that the way the Packers treated Nelson is similar to the way they dealt with Hyde. They had made their mind up, and it could have been part of why Nelson looked lethargic near the end of the season. If you know you're going to be dumped it has to take a lot out of you.

Back