Must see video On Packers/MM/Offense

And that's really a big deal why ? Honestly wouldn't hurt my feelings if they clean sweep it all and start over. Won't happen but I sure wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Why?? Not being argumentative with you, Mark. I just don't understand why you feel that way already?

He hasn't had a chance yet. He actually looks at FA and is getting rid of fat cat players that don't want to be involved. He also got an extra 1st round pick and a 4th in the next draft. I like the approach so far.

Why?? Not being argumentative with you, Mark. I just don't understand why you feel that way already?

He hasn't had a chance yet. He actually looks at FA and is getting rid of fat cat players that don't want to be involved. He also got an extra 1st round pick and a 4th in the next draft. I like the approach so far.

Because he's a puppet GM. He's not really even that he's a personal guy with a title. When you compromise to that for the job I really can't support you long term. Scrape it clean and let's get fresh perspective and leadership. Remember...you asked.

Because he's a puppet GM. He's not really even that he's a personal guy with a title. When you compromise to that for the job I really can't support you long term. Scrape it clean and let's get fresh perspective and leadership. Remember...you asked.
I did ask and I told you I wasn't being argumentative....honestly wanted your opinion. Thanks for sharing it.

A LOT of guys wanted that 'puppet job'. Elliott was so upset over losing the opportunity, he went to Cleveland. Cleveland!! Rumors are Dorsey wanted it too. An awful lot of guys wanted the job for it being merely a puppet position. A lot of teams were going after Gute. If they didn't hire him, someone else would have for sure. He deserves a chance to try and turn around the debacle that was Ted that last few years. Just my opinion......that nobody asked for! :cool:

I did ask and I told you I wasn't being argumentative....honestly wanted your opinion. Thanks for sharing it.

A LOT of guys wanted that 'puppet job'. Elliott was so upset over losing the opportunity, he went to Cleveland. Cleveland!! Rumors are Dorsey wanted it too. An awful lot of guys wanted the job for it being merely a puppet position. A lot of teams were going after Gute. If they didn't hire him, someone else would have for sure. He deserves a chance to try and turn around the debacle that was Ted that last few years. Just my opinion......that nobody asked for! :cool:

I see your point. However, i'm wondering if they left before the job was vacated or decided because they heard what the structure was going to be and didn't want any part of it?

I see your point. However, i'm wondering if they left before the job was vacated or decided because they heard what the structure was going to be and didn't want any part of it?
Interesting take and a real possibility for sure. Gute did sound shocked to find out he can't fire the coach. Makes it sound like he wants to! Murphy was a champion and should see this is a goofy way to run a ship. Unbelievable nobody has stepped up and said, 'No. This is Gute's show!' Scared we may be headed for the 70's-80's. Ugh!

Interesting take and a real possibility for sure. Gute did sound shocked to find out he can't fire the coach. Makes it sound like he wants to! Murphy was a champion and should see this is a goofy way to run a ship. Unbelievable nobody has stepped up and said, 'No. This is Gute's show!' Scared we may be headed for the 70's-80's. Ugh!
If Gute did not know or ask the power structure that’s beyond dumb. That’s on him

I met Steve Emtman the other day (Hugest human being I have ever seen!!! And he still is NOT fat!). I told him I wanted so bad for him to play for the Packers (he was a great player until he blew his knee out on that garbage they used to play on). I thought he was going to ridicule me, but he immediately says, 'I would have LOVED to play for the Packers!! They are the best organization in the NFL!" Then he says the Patriots are right there with them because they WIN. He also said the Packers need to change their workout and training system. Said it's old and doesn't work anymore.

Not sure why a guy (Gute) would think that an organization that's that highly regarded by insiders would have such a retarded hierarchy set up all of a sudden? May have taken it for granted he had that power. Ted always had it. He was just too out of it to do anything about what he 'saw' on the field. Gute may have just assumed...

Last edited:
I think MM might be a good HC going forward if he would just give up his fantasy that he is some offensive guru. If he just concentrate on being HC and not OC he would unleash Arod to his full potential I think.

Even as the resident lifelong Pats fan I've said all along that Arod is more talented than Brady. It's a shame he doesn't have the same playoff success.
It is a crime that both Favre and Rodgers haven't had more opportunities to having more SB rings.

Sherman was in over his head and wasted Favres best years and now MM is doing the same with Rodgers.

MM is ok as a HC when facing average teams/HC, but out classed when facing second generation or talented teams/HC

Picture Murphy talking to candidates for the GM job.

"What do you expect your role to be?" Murphy asks.

Of course everyone says they'll be in charge of the team, and all personnel decisions.

"Not quite," Murphy says, "Mike will have equal say on everything, including the draft. You'll kind of "share" the decision making. Is that okay with you?"

Most of the candidates shake their heads, "No!" Gutey on the other hand says; "If that's what you want, I'm game."

The decision is made, and we have a GM who has virtually no power whatsoever, and a HC who hasn't got a clue as to what the hell he's doing. He was already part of the reason we have arrived where we have."

That may not be perfect as to what happened, but it sounds about right, because that's exactly where we are, and I can't possibly believe any person who had real GM credentials would have even considered taking the job with the situation we see with the Packers organization.

You can disagree, but I know you can't actually disprove what I said, no matter what any of the people involved say, to cover their inept decisions.

Murphy is where the problem starts.

A clean slate? Imo that should have came back after 2011 debatable, before everyone left the ship. MM was exposed that year and nothing has changed other then who left from front office staff, which again imo exposed TT as seen by his miserable drafts and personnel decisions.

The Harlan/RW/MH tree has been depleted and gone and spread out across the NFL.

Maybe the board isn't as concerned anymore about the product on the field as fans keep filling the stadium and they have ventured out to building the Stadium District?

Again seems a crime to have 2 HOF QBs and only 3 trips to the SB while Pats have made 8.

History is being repeated. Favres best years went from talented players to average and now Rodgers is going through the same. And can't use the excuse of winning does this otherwise the Pats wouldn't have had 8 trips to the SB and in thr hunt year after year.

Back