My Mock 1.0

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Figure I would try a mock before in a week or two submitting my entry to try to win draft guru for the 3rd year in a row. :)

Round 1 GB as hoping to get JSN but he never comes close to the 15th pick. Also GB was hoping to get one of the top 3 OT in Johnson, Skoronski, and Jones but the last of those 3 come off the board to the Jets at pick 13. So GB fields calls trying to trade back but since the talent level has dropped off and you will not see a many people wanting to move up GB sits at 15 and takes the BPA.

1. Lukas Van Ness Edge Iowa

Shortly before the draft starts day 2 GB and NY finally agree on a trade to send Rodgers to NY. One of the picks is a 2nd rounder.

GB is thrilled that this guy is still on the board and do not hesitate to make their pick as it fills a big need.

2A. Antonio Johnson Safety Texas A&M

GB a few picks later sees another of the guys they really like and get Jordan Love another weapon.

2B. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

GB needs a TE and this is one of the last good possible starting TE left on their board.

3. Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

GB has known to make their money in the 4th round with OT so they take a shot again.

4. Tyler Steen OT Alabama

Here GB looks to fill the backup QB spot hoping he can also perhaps develop into a starting quality QB if needed.

5A. Aidan O'Connell QB Purdue

Going with a sleeper pick here. He played CB in college but many project he makes the move to safety. Also a guy who could be another piece to the ST in his first year or two.

5B. Riley Moss CB Iowa

Ok GB now has 4 picks in the 7th round. Here is were we look for projects and guys to be that ST core in the future.

7A. Ethan Mooney K North Texas
7B. Mohamed Ibrahim RB Minn
7C. Josh Whyle TE Cincy
7D. Derius Davis WR TCU

A very offensive heavy draft for GB with 11 picks 7 of them are offensive players.

I don't love Van Ness, but I don't think anyone loves this Edge class. Nolan Smith is a really interesting guy there. He's unlike anyone else they have, I know he's small but he's actually in the same ballpark as Clay Matthews coming out of college (6'2 238 vs 6'3 240) and seems to have a similar explosive first step. Gary, Smith and Enagbare are already big bruiser types on the edge, someone with bend and twitch could be a great complement to that group, whereas Van Ness is more of the same and may even be better inside than the edge.

I dunno. I kind of like Nolan Smith as an edge rusher. He has some speed to go with size. I don't know where he's slotted.

I dunno. I kind of like Nolan Smith as an edge rusher. He has some speed to go with size. I don't know where he's slotted.
Smith is all over the board from middle 1st round to end of the 1st round. Van Ness most mocks have him top 10-15 range.

There's something about Smith's game that intrigues me. He kind of reminds me of how Matthews played in college, but not quite as polished. He can be a handful out there, if he's determined.

I'm seeing him as a possible player who will show more in the NFL than in college to be honest.

There's something about Smith's game that intrigues me. He kind of reminds me of how Matthews played in college, but not quite as polished. He can be a handful out there, if he's determined.

I'm seeing him as a possible player who will show more in the NFL than in college to be honest.
Smith is a good prospect and if you move back 5-10 slots he's a guy who you consider IMO.

Smith is a good prospect and if you move back 5-10 slots he's a guy who you consider IMO.
With how soft this draft is at the top i think you’re going to see a lot of surprises. I understand the idea of consensus board wisdom but teams boards will still vary wildly along with their priorities. GB may be thrilled to sit there and pick a TE at 15. They may have Smith as OLB1 for all we know. Even the blue chip D players like Anderson and Carter have flaws.

Sorry but N Smith is no different than the two you drafted last year...UGA uses a 3 man rotation on every position in the front 7. They do NOT play full games..the target is 25 snaps max. Buyer beware.

Sorry but N Smith is no different than the two you drafted last year...UGA uses a 3 man rotation on every position in the front 7. They do NOT play full games..the target is 25 snaps max. Buyer beware.
I forgot about that limited play factor with Georgia. That does make a huge difference.

Yeah that was issue last year Wyatt could never get on field until late in season not sure if he was out of shape or what. Walker at least played a lot just had nothing between the ears.

Back