NFL 2023 Black Monday Thread

I guess as long as Reid is still there he'll never get credit for the offense, and I suppose this means that Reid isn't going to retire anytime soon.

There may be an issue between Bienemy and Reid. It's hard to judge if there's creative disagreements. There's also the question of money. He could be getting a boat load of cash, beyond what he's been getting in KC.

It's also possible he believes that he's not getting credit for what he's doing, that people believe the offensive results are the product of Reid and Mahomes, and he's just the messenger boy.

So many things can play into the job, that can be misconstrued.

He obviously had a reason to move on, and I haven't heard where KC is standing in his way, trying to keep him.

I'd imagine that he's also getting a little tired of being the "token" minority interviewee for openings for a HC, and not getting them. I'd imagine the perception is that Reid is the genius behind the KC offense.

It's also possible he believes that he's not getting credit for what he's doing, that people believe the offensive results are the product of Reid and Mahomes, and he's just the messenger boy.
I would normally agree except Mike Kafka left there last season and went to the giants as OC and is as hot a commodity as ML was at one time... Andy has obviously done them right. The whispers in KC are that he and Mahomes had their differences, the other known was the man bombed several HC interviews.

EB may just be a lifelong OC and just Mark's opinion he may have shot a gift horse in the mouth.

I would normally agree except Mike Kafka left there last season and went to the giants as OC and is as hot a commodity as ML was at one time... Andy has obviously done them right. The whispers in KC are that he and Mahomes had their differences, the other known was the man bombed several HC interviews.

EB may just be a lifelong OC and just Mark's opinion he may have shot a gift horse in the mouth.
Also has a past DV issue I belive so that could play a factor.

More than staying in WI, where his family supposedly loves their home and doesn’t want to move? It’s odd

Back