NFL & Streaming

I am, atm, pretty pissed off at all things streaming. I'll use Discovery as my example because I like Discovery and TLC and other channels that all appear to be part of the same network. Here's my beef:

I pay Spectrum for the mere privilege of watching these channels yet I still have to sit through commercials that seem to average 33%. Seriously. A 120 minute movie fills a 3 hour broadcast window. The math works out the same all over the place on just about every channel.

So, I pay Spectrum for the privilege, but I STILL have to watch 33% commercials... AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME (every 7 minutes) IF I WANT YOUR "GOOD" PROGRAMMING I GOTTA PONY UP ANOTHER $4.99 PER MONTH AND STREAM IT?

Why I oughta...
The average 1 hour program on linear broadcast is 44 minute of actual programming. The 16 minutes of commercial time is split about 70/30 between local and national.

The thing is the majority of money cable nets make is not from advertising but from carriage and retransmission fees. Spectrum pays ESPN about $7 per household just for the rights to show that content. That’s on the high end. Even your NBC or ABC affiliate is paid by companies like Spectrum. It’s a messed up business model

I am, atm, pretty pissed off at all things streaming. I'll use Discovery as my example because I like Discovery and TLC and other channels that all appear to be part of the same network. Here's my beef:

I pay Spectrum for the mere privilege of watching these channels yet I still have to sit through commercials that seem to average 33%. Seriously. A 120 minute movie fills a 3 hour broadcast window. The math works out the same all over the place on just about every channel.

So, I pay Spectrum for the privilege, but I STILL have to watch 33% commercials... AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME (every 7 minutes) IF I WANT YOUR "GOOD" PROGRAMMING I GOTTA PONY UP ANOTHER $4.99 PER MONTH AND STREAM IT?

Why I oughta...
I just had to threaten to leave Spectrum to keep my current rate. Which when I shopped around was still better then just paying to get internet and get something like Hulu Live to watch

Back